Cancellation record.

Rob-And-Debbie1
Level 3
England, United Kingdom

Cancellation record.

Very disappointed to say the least that Airbnb are logging cancellations due to Covid restrictions in host's performance records. We have been on the platform for over three years with approaching 400 individual hosting experiences. We are superhosts, have a 100% response rate record and until this week a spotless 0% cancellation record. Due to the change in our area's tier status we were forced through the legal guidelines to cancel a reservation made legally before the change in tier status. Airbnb have still logged this cancellation in our hosting performance when in fact I believe hosts should be being rewarded for following the rules designed to reduce infection rates and stop the spread of the virus. A totally counterproductive and insulting way to treat conscientious hosts. Has any one had a similar experience.

Rob 

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Rob-And-Debbie1 

According to the information mentioned in the link below, those cancellations should not affect the Superhost status:

"Hosts in areas with government-mandated COVID-19 travel and hosting restrictions can cancel upcoming reservations without penalty or losing Superhost status"

What to do if you can not host due to covid19 restrictions

Shannon624
Level 1
Kailua-Kona, HI

I just noticed this also due to keeping my Super Host status. Due to COVID-19, I’m at 7% cancellation rate, prior 0%. We reopened late November and have been booked 80% the past 7 weeks. Thankful for our private entrance and room. The notice received stated I have til April get my cancellation rates down. Really didn’t like being “threatened “. Not my fault nor yours. 
@Rob-And-Debbie1 

It is always better to ask the guest to cancel or give them the option to, then contact Airbnb support and tell them the circumstances, they will allow the cancellation with no penalty to you or your super host status and get them a full refund, if that’s what you wish.