Change of dates because of Corona

Change of dates because of Corona

Hello, 
I have searched for an answer to this question, have not found it, please help.

I have a strict cancellation policy, meaning 50% refund if cancellations are made within 60 days of check in.
Up to 14th of April (In Spain at least) all guest are refunded 100% due to Corona-virus. 

Now I have other guests from the 19th of April and forward that wish to cancel/change dates, some has cancelled and got 50%, end of story. 
Some decided to wait and see.
But now some wish to change dates for the same week next year 2021. What happens with my strict cancellation policy?
Will the system know that this change has been done within the strict cancellation period, meaning that if I approve the change of dates to next year, then in one month the guest cancel, its more then 60 days before, what happens, do they get 100% or 50%? What do I get?

Please help and advice. What are my options?

My own plan so far because I dont belive the Airbnb policy to protect my interest after what I been reading here, is to ask them to cancel now, they get a 50% refund, the other 50% I get, but they can use it as a credit for there next booking in 2021. 

Thank you for help.

1 Reply 1
Kath3
Level 2
Makati, Philippines

My guest's original check out date is May 1st 2020 and wants to advance the check out to April 1, 2020 the guest cannot get thru the airbnb to acknowledge the change of date and airbnb is still charging the whole month of stay to them when the amount should have been adjusted to 4  days only from today. anybody to help here?