Community Center Online Meetup: Friday May 1st

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Community Center Online Meetup: Friday May 1st

EN social meetup - April 24th 2020EN social meetup - April 24th 2020

Hello everyone,

Another week has gone by and another great EN social, thank you to those of you who attended–'things we have created' week was super. It was so nice to see the great things you have made, what a creative bunch you all are.  I've seen a few comments asking to see what we talked about and so this got me thinking that it would actually make a nice discussion and it's an opportunity for others who couldn't attend to add what they like to create as well and join in–so take a look here

I would also like to do a massive shoutout to @Helen350 who wrestled with her computer to let her join the call, next time you will make it for sure. Thanks for all your efforts.

We will be meeting again this week and we are back on an APAC friendly timezone, Friday May 1st, 12pm UK *

*Timezones:

Friday May 1st,  7am New York

Friday May 1st,  8pm Seoul

Friday May 1st,  9pm Sydney

If you would like to join, please register before the start time using this specific link: [link ended]

(I'm sorry this is super early for those in North America)

For anyone new to the socials, it's a weekly online meetup where CC members come together to connect with each other and have a bit of positivity along the way. It's not specifically Airbnb focused. It would be great if you would like to attend. 

Theme for this week: we didn't actually discuss this in the last one, but we've had some great suggestions from Ann and Clara, I hope you don't mind me sharing them here, a) We each share a local /family/favourite sayings or words we like and discuss, b) show an artwork/photo/item from our home and why we like them c) if we were stuck on an deserted island, what 2 things and 2 foods would we take with us.

These are all great suggestions and I think we can cover them all, but I will be taking a vote for which one we should do this week.  So add your reply below with a, b or c. 😃

Any other ideas, please share away and we can add them to the future list. 

Looking forward to our weekly chat. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Robin4@Melodie-And-John0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2@Stephanie, @Quincy, @Gordon0, @Sandra126@Ria16 , @Helen3@Trudi15@Helen350@Mike-And-Helen0@Yvonne609@Rondi8@Dianne244,  @Kath9 , @Manasui0@Kemi9,  @Marissa107 

Timezone correction made! Oops sorry! 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

33 Replies 33
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

I like (b) for this Friday and then (a) for the next one, @Lizzie !

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Lizzie 

My vote

1 - B

2 - C....and I will add this video as part of my effort and we can talk about it if anyone is interested.

https://youtu.be/-JKx5RR_MRo

thanks Lizzie 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Clara116. Sorry to be a pain, but would you mind posting your video in this topic, then I'll embed it so we can watch it directly. Thank you. 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Well, I'm not convinced I'll make it 3rd time lucky, & if I don't, I don't feel entitled to vote, but my vote would be (b). 🙂  

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Let's test your Zoom - DM me when you have some time available before Friday @Helen350 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Do I have some time?........ Hmmmmmmmm........!

Anytime's good @Stephanie !

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I have good vibes about this one @Helen350

--------------------

Any success? @Stephanie  & @Helen350 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Helen350 - I have some time before 5pm today if you are free? Please drop me a DM.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

The time for this week's call is great (8pm for me) but Henry and I am planning to have a few friends who we haven't been able to see for close to 3 months come over for dinner and drinks either Friday or Saturday evening (to celebrate Korea phasing into less intense social distancing) and might not be able to make it. But I'll try to call in, even if it's to say a short hi~ to everyone :-))) 

My vote is (b) or (c). 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww well that sounds lovely and it's good to catch-up with your friends @Jessica-and-Henry0 –I hope you have a lovely time. If you are able to pop in and say hi, we would all love to see you. 

--------------------

Beer o’clock hello would be great @Jessica-and-Henry0 ..... 

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

B is good for me too, @Lizzie.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks everyone @Helen350@Gordon0@Jessica-and-Henry0@Clara116@Ann72 for your responses here. It does look like 'B' has jumped into the lead so far–I'll give it until tomorrow and then I imagine I'll be saying B again. 🙂 

Just one thing to mention–I got my timezones mixed up and luckily Lawrene spotted it (thanks @Lawrene0 for this), but I've updated it above. Sorry for any confusion. 

Start keeping an eye out for what your favourite items around your home...

Thanks again. 

Lizzie

--------------------