Community Center Online Meetup: Friday May 1st

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Community Center Online Meetup: Friday May 1st

EN social meetup - April 24th 2020EN social meetup - April 24th 2020

Hello everyone,

Another week has gone by and another great EN social, thank you to those of you who attended–'things we have created' week was super. It was so nice to see the great things you have made, what a creative bunch you all are.  I've seen a few comments asking to see what we talked about and so this got me thinking that it would actually make a nice discussion and it's an opportunity for others who couldn't attend to add what they like to create as well and join in–so take a look here

I would also like to do a massive shoutout to @Helen350 who wrestled with her computer to let her join the call, next time you will make it for sure. Thanks for all your efforts.

We will be meeting again this week and we are back on an APAC friendly timezone, Friday May 1st, 12pm UK *

*Timezones:

Friday May 1st,  7am New York

Friday May 1st,  8pm Seoul

Friday May 1st,  9pm Sydney

If you would like to join, please register before the start time using this specific link: [link ended]

(I'm sorry this is super early for those in North America)

For anyone new to the socials, it's a weekly online meetup where CC members come together to connect with each other and have a bit of positivity along the way. It's not specifically Airbnb focused. It would be great if you would like to attend. 

Theme for this week: we didn't actually discuss this in the last one, but we've had some great suggestions from Ann and Clara, I hope you don't mind me sharing them here, a) We each share a local /family/favourite sayings or words we like and discuss, b) show an artwork/photo/item from our home and why we like them c) if we were stuck on an deserted island, what 2 things and 2 foods would we take with us.

These are all great suggestions and I think we can cover them all, but I will be taking a vote for which one we should do this week.  So add your reply below with a, b or c. 😃

Any other ideas, please share away and we can add them to the future list. 

Looking forward to our weekly chat. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Robin4@Melodie-And-John0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2@Stephanie, @Quincy, @Gordon0, @Sandra126@Ria16 , @Helen3@Trudi15@Helen350@Mike-And-Helen0@Yvonne609@Rondi8@Dianne244,  @Kath9 , @Manasui0@Kemi9,  @Marissa107 

Timezone correction made! Oops sorry! 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

33 Replies 33
Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

@Lizzie : B,  C then A.... 😉

Hello to all! nice to meet you! It will be our first time tomorrow joining this chat. By chance we just found out of this great idea - meeting live, other hosts like us, all over the world!!! we loved all 3 ideas and probably b the most! Very excited to meet you all tomorrow:-) Michelle & David

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Lovely to meet you @Wave-Autumn-Vine0, it's fantastic to hear you are going to join us tomorrow. 

Let me know if you have any questions before then, otherwise, I'll see you in the Zoom call. 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Robin4@Melodie-And-John0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2@Stephanie@Quincy@Gordon0@Sandra126@Ria16 , @Helen3@Trudi15@Helen350@Mike-And-Helen0@Yvonne609@Rondi8@Dianne244,  @Kath9 , @Manasui0@Kemi9,  @Marissa107, 

@Wave-Autumn-Vine0 

Looking forward to our weekly chat and catch-up tomorrow. 

Thanks again for voting,  I'm pleased to announce:

Theme of the week.jpg

Don't forget to register before the event starts and if you have any questions just let me know. 

Thank you so much,

Lizzie

--------------------

(fraund) I miss again.. i'll try again next week.. so stupid with the preparation..

I accept to be dumb to day, but not tomorrow

Jeffrey Bong
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey everyone,

Thank you to those who attended the last meetup, once again it was really nice to see you and to see some new faces. 

If possible, I wanted to see if for this week we might be able to bring the weekly chat a day earlier this week to Thursday. We are a North America friendly timezone this week. How would Thursday May 7th, 10PM UK?

*Timezones:

- Europe, Thursday May 7th, 11PM

- New York, Thursday May 7th, 5PM

- Sydney, Friday May 8th, 7AM

- Darwin, Friday May 8th, 6:30AM

If this time/day doesn't work for many of you, we can move it back, I just wanted to check for this week. 

It was really nice seeing the many object that you shared during the session, like last week, I think it's quite nice have a recap thread so we can carry on the conversation, so I'll create on of those now. 

Also, any theme ideas for this week, we still have the two from this thread, feel free to share any you might have. 

Thank you,

Lizzie

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Robin4@Melodie-And-John0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2@Stephanie, @Quincy, @Gordon0, @Sandra126@Ria16 , @Helen3,, @Helen350@Yvonne609 , @Manasui0@Kemi9,  @Marissa107@Wave-Autumn-Vine0 

--------------------

Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Lizzie , yes, I will join on Thursday!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

At 10pm? I expect a fine wine choice from you @Roberta2 !

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Lizzie @Stephanie  YES, I'm good for Thursday afternoon here in Fl. Great time.....

Since so many of us have had time to reflect and experience whats important and not in our world the past weeks I thought the question about being on an island would be fun.

Stranded on an island: you can take only - 

2 things (no phone/computers/no social media 

2 foods.....what would you take....???

till thursday or whenever you decide.....peace all

@LizzieThursday evening is good for me.  Sorry I missed you guys last week.  Btw, regarding a topic for our chat, does anyone happen to have the We're Not Really Strangers cards or something similar?  I've been meaning to purchase a set but haven't done so yet.  It could be cool to field those types of icebreaker questions within the group this week or some time in the future.

@LizzieThat works for me! I'll put it on my calendar for 4pm CST (Kansas City) 🙂

Hi @Lizzie ,

My reply to you with the Banana peel recipe today seemed didn't reach you? I don't know what I have done but anyway, see you tomorrow in my PJs ( 23:00 Spanish time) :))

Marissa107 in Estepona, Malaga Spain❤️

Hi @Lizzie is it the same link as last week? I can't come in

Marissa107 in Estepona, Malaga Spain❤️
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I will try and join folks would love to meet you all face to face. @Lizzie @Stephanie 

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

@Lizzie  Apologies.. night duty x