Community Center Social Online Meetup: Friday April 24th

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Community Center Social Online Meetup: Friday April 24th

Screenshot 2020-04-17 at 13.05.33.png

Hello team,

I hope the start of your week is going ok. 

I'm pleased to let you know the next EN speaking Community Center social which is taking place on Friday April 24th, 10PM UK time*

* New York - Friday April 24th, 5pm

* San Fran - Friday April 24th, 2pm

* Darwin - Saturday April 25th, 6.30am

* Sydney - Saturday April 25th, 7am

* Seoul - Saturday April 25th, 6am  

If you would like to join, please register before the start time using this specific link: https://airbnb.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUuc-iurTgvHdxe1GYH2cTn6yPua9PT11jU 

Once registered you will receive a confirmation email with the details. 

(I'll share a How to guide, shortly for those of you who aren't sure about how to join a Zoom call.) 

Sorry to those in APAC, we will be back on a friendly timezone for you next time. 

For those of you who are unsure what these meetups are about, they are a great way to speak with other community members about all kinds of topics, it's very relaxed and it's just nice to speak with others from the Community Center. The conversation isn't Airbnb specific. It would be lovely to see you. 

Last week was hat themed week (as you can see from the photo). In our last meetup, we talked about our next theme, and correct me if I am wrong but we thought it could be craft related. So to make this a little bit more open, I thought we could show or talk about something that we have created ourselves, so if you are knitting something or if you are renovating your kitchen you could show that. This is of course optional, but it's a great talking point.  

If you have any questions or ideas on what we can do in our socials please do share below or send me a message. : )

Thanks everyone, I look forward to seeing you then.

Lizzie

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Robin4@Melodie-And-John0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2@Stephanie, @Quincy, @Gordon0, @Sandra126@Ria16 , @Helen3@Trudi15@Helen350@Mike-And-Helen0@Yvonne609@Rondi8@Dianne244,  @Kath9 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

30 Replies 30
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Sign me up!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

haha! I think you already are @Stephanie ! : )

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Let the record show that I am super excited!

@Kemi6 - here's the social meetup I mentioned in DM! Would be wonderful to add South Africa to our global fun.

Thanks

-----

Kemi6
Level 10
Johannesburg, South Africa

Thank you @Stephanie

I am excited as well and looking forward to the meeting. Hopefully I'll remember to set my alarm because it would be 11pm my time and I won't be too knackered from homeschooling and house chores 😊.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!!!

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello @Kemi6 , love the way you used the word "knackered"....we are all universally connected through our use of English slang!!

All the best from over the other side of the world in Auckland, New Zealand 

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Okay, sign me up @Lizzie , so it’s back to toast for me..... as pre-dawn cocktail hour, is not my “thing”; but I’ll get up early anyway for a driveway dawn service for ANZAC Day! 

For those not in “the know”,  ANZAC stands for Australia and New Zealand Army Corp, which served together in the First World War. Today the commemoration is honouring all who have fought or participated in defence forces across all campaigns and wars. Not a celebration of war, rather a recognition of their sacrifice.

FYI:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-11/anzac-day-around-australia-during-coronavirus-restrictions/12...

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Can't wait to see how your hair came out @Cathie19 !

-----

@Stephanie , Bahahahaha! Unfortunately no hair cut, but the grey is hidden for another month!

I also created an ANZAC day post, that unfortunately went into Help, rather than Hosting .... maybe the hair colour effected me?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

8996E655-F541-478D-9204-7D6E1FDB8143.jpeg

Can you sign me up again Lizzie?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey everyone,

Not long to the next EN Social online meetup in a few hours time. If you haven't registered already, please click here to visit the Zoom invite (ahead of time) - or click the link in my original topic. 

Also, the theme this week is 'things you have made yourself ie. crafts / renovations' so feel free to bring any props! : ) 

Looking forward to speaking with you and have a good chat. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Lizzie

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Robin4@Melodie-And-John0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2@Stephanie, @Quincy, @Gordon0, @Sandra126@Ria16 , @Helen3@Trudi15@Helen350@Mike-And-Helen0@Yvonne609@Rondi8@Dianne244,  @Kath9 

--------------------

@Lizzie  see you guys soon! Hey I wanted to show some pics to set up what I've been doing and then I will show the real thing during the session.  How can I do that Lizzie?    Thanks, Clara

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Sounds great @Clara116 - very exciting. 

To add photos to your post here, just click on the little camera icon in your text bar and you can then select the image from your computer. 

Hopefully this will help. Otherwise, can't wait to see if in a few hours. 

Speak to you soon and thank you so much. 

Lizzie

--------------------