Community Center Social Online Meetup: Friday May 15th

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Community Center Social Online Meetup: Friday May 15th

Hello hello,

I can't believe how quickly this week has gone by, I feel like it was only a moment ago when I was talking about last week's social. 🙂 I hope your week has been ok and you are all staying nice and healthy. 

Thank you once again to the team of people who came to our last catch-up last Thursday. We all had a great time talking about the things we would take to a deserted island and many resourceful ideas came to light. Some of things included; a mirror which not only can you check how your hair is doing, but you can also use it to attract attention from local boats and also a tool for cutting trees/food and also a chicken came up quite a lot as a useful companion for eggs. But, of course an endless supply of Pringles and my personal addition of HP (brown) sauce (didn't think that through so much), would be amazing additions–to mention just a few things. 🙂 Feel free to share more details on this post here.

Back on to this week, we will be back on an APAC friendly time (I hope this time works for many of you):

Friday 15th, 12:00PM UK*

*Timezones:

Sydney -  Friday 15th, 9PM

Darwin - Friday 15th, 8:30PM

Seoul - Friday 15th, 8PM

Spain - Friday 15th, 1PM

New York - Friday 15th, 7AM

If you would like to join, please register before the start time using this specific link (this link changes each week so if you have registered before, you will need to do it again - sorry): https://airbnb.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJcscu6prDMqG9IzhX3QjQLWF4RhlR-47sDn 

Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out this CC guide

For anyone new to the socials, it's a weekly online meetup where CC members come together to connect with each other and have a bit of positivity along the way. It's not specifically Airbnb focused and anyone new is very very welcome.  

Theme of discussion: we didn't have one this week, so I hope you don't mind the one I selected (any other suggestions most welcome)...

Plants.jpg

If you are like me, plants are really nice things to surround your home/office and I think they help to bring an essence of calm (maybe not the spiky ones! 🙂 ). I know many of you enjoy house plants or the plants in your garden and so I thought it might be fun to share our favourites and any tips we might have for keeping plants happy (or any plant woes). 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and if you can't attend or want to get the ball rolling, feel free to share your plants below. 

Thank you and I can't wait to speak with you. 

Lizzie

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Robin4@Melodie-And-John0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2@Stephanie, @Quincy, @Gordon0, @Sandra126@Helen3@Helen350@Yvonne609 , @Manasui0@Kemi9,  @Marissa107@Wave-Autumn-Vine0@Helen3,  @Ryan350@Suzanne302@Ria16,  @Ozge5@Rochelle12

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

44 Replies 44
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Lizzie  tried to join last week on Zoom as instructed and it showed as having a fault so I couldn't be part of the meet up 😞

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Helen3,

Aww I'm so sad to hear you could get in–sorry about this.

I wonder, for each weekly session we are using a different Zoom link. Do you think it was the wrong link?

Did the fault say anything in particular?

Are you able to attend this week's meetup? 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

@Lizzie  Is that my Saturday I think I can make it. 
Yesterday was our International Nurses Day, our Don visited all the wards along with Florence Nightingale in tow to say hello.  We generally get a slice of cake but for  H&S reasons this year we got a little bar of Whittaker’s 😉  which was quickly scoffed 

(photo from my phone not taken yesterday )2847A06C-858E-41B6-841B-BFB06878F7AD.jpegbut representing India , Australia, UK & NZ 😉 

peace love and mung beans 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Happy International Nurse's Day for yesterday @Ria16. I have several friends and family members that are nurses and you are all incredible–not just during the crisis now (which is particularly amazing), but always. 

A massive thank you. I hope you get many Whittaker bars soon and great photo. 🙂

It would be so lovely to speak with you in the meetup.

Timezone-wise in Auckland, I think this would be: Friday May 15th, 11PM (quite a late one for you)

Don't forget to register with the link above if you are able to make it. 🙂 

--------------------

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

@Lizzie  Thanks Lizzie without a doubt we missed a huge apocalypse here thanks to our governments rulings. I for one am and always will be eternally grateful.

My heart goes  out to all the essential workers around the world who are risking everything. 

I should mention I am an indoor plant killer so I only have a fake cabbage tree;) 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

haha @Ria16 ! Well all trees are welcome in our meetup, even fake cabbage trees! 🙂 

Looking forward to speaking with you then. 

--------------------

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

@Lizzie apologies from me , you were right it was too late 🙂 

@Lizzie 

I will definitely make it this week~ see you soon! 

Don't have any plants though....... I'll enjoy everyone else's~

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

We will let you off the plants @Jessica-and-Henry0  🙂 

Really looking forward to speaking with you. 

--------------------

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Lizzie I will be at work but I will try to remember to bring my laptop and join! I may be in and out though as 7am my time I'll be in the middle of my radio show!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is amazing @Suzanne302, sounds good to me–the meetups are pretty relaxed, so it would be lovely to see you. 

The link to register for this week is in my post above. 

I hope you have some good tunes on the list for Friday 🙂 

Thank you so much. 

--------------------

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

For next week we should have pet show and tell ❤️ @Lizzie 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That's a great idea @Stephanie

--------------------

@Stephanie @Lizzie Pet Show and Tell! YES!!!!!! 🙂