Community Center Social Online Meetup: Friday May 15th

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Community Center Social Online Meetup: Friday May 15th

Hello hello,

I can't believe how quickly this week has gone by, I feel like it was only a moment ago when I was talking about last week's social. 🙂 I hope your week has been ok and you are all staying nice and healthy. 

Thank you once again to the team of people who came to our last catch-up last Thursday. We all had a great time talking about the things we would take to a deserted island and many resourceful ideas came to light. Some of things included; a mirror which not only can you check how your hair is doing, but you can also use it to attract attention from local boats and also a tool for cutting trees/food and also a chicken came up quite a lot as a useful companion for eggs. But, of course an endless supply of Pringles and my personal addition of HP (brown) sauce (didn't think that through so much), would be amazing additions–to mention just a few things. 🙂 Feel free to share more details on this post here.

Back on to this week, we will be back on an APAC friendly time (I hope this time works for many of you):

Friday 15th, 12:00PM UK*

*Timezones:

Sydney -  Friday 15th, 9PM

Darwin - Friday 15th, 8:30PM

Seoul - Friday 15th, 8PM

Spain - Friday 15th, 1PM

New York - Friday 15th, 7AM

If you would like to join, please register before the start time using this specific link (this link changes each week so if you have registered before, you will need to do it again - sorry): https://airbnb.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJcscu6prDMqG9IzhX3QjQLWF4RhlR-47sDn 

Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out this CC guide

For anyone new to the socials, it's a weekly online meetup where CC members come together to connect with each other and have a bit of positivity along the way. It's not specifically Airbnb focused and anyone new is very very welcome.  

Theme of discussion: we didn't have one this week, so I hope you don't mind the one I selected (any other suggestions most welcome)...

Plants.jpg

If you are like me, plants are really nice things to surround your home/office and I think they help to bring an essence of calm (maybe not the spiky ones! 🙂 ). I know many of you enjoy house plants or the plants in your garden and so I thought it might be fun to share our favourites and any tips we might have for keeping plants happy (or any plant woes). 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and if you can't attend or want to get the ball rolling, feel free to share your plants below. 

Thank you and I can't wait to speak with you. 

Lizzie

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Robin4@Melodie-And-John0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2@Stephanie, @Quincy, @Gordon0, @Sandra126@Helen3@Helen350@Yvonne609 , @Manasui0@Kemi9,  @Marissa107@Wave-Autumn-Vine0@Helen3,  @Ryan350@Suzanne302@Ria16,  @Ozge5@Rochelle12

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

44 Replies 44

@Gordon0 

I loved the CAT and yellow bench in your garden. 

The apartment grounds and parks nearby are nice and well maintained and SHARED with about 280 other families in our complex and several other larger (500~800 apartments each) complexes nearby. Henry and I feel lucky to live in a bustling city like Seoul and still be in close proximity to so many trees and plants and flowers :-)) Most importantly..... we don't have to do any weeding or gardening or watering...... so that's a big big advantage for us. 

Our apartment management fees and taxes being well spent, imo~ 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Gordon0 @Marissa107 @Lawrene0 @Melanie-and-John0 @Ann72  @Clara116 @Kimberly29 @Cathie19 @Lizzie  @Stephanie 

It was lovely to see everyone again and spend some time together. Thanks for that guys! @Jessica-and-Henry0 amazing photos! @Gordon0 I didn't get a chance to ask you, what is happening with your work? Are you back? 

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

We got the £1.6bn (cash in a brown envelope) last night so that'll keep us going for a couple of months, @Nick. Expecting to be back in the office by December (so help me God). 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hoping for the best possible outcome @Gordon0 

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Lizzie and everyone.....so special to spend a few minutes and chat and share with all of you....makes my weeks better with looking forward to this on  Fridays. For me.... belonging has been a huge issue my entire life.....we each have our story and often very complex.....so I am very grateful to be part of this group and send u each a warm hug and message of hopefulness and safety each day. Till next session....ur Clara 🙂

Sending peace to you @Clara116 ! It’s always great to catch up & your garden and pots are lovely and loved! A little reminder that although we come from different parts of the world, we can be connected. So here is a little wish for you and everyone,

4c0cde2f-90ac-40ac-829a-6324c5cf8ef5.jpeg

that sits quietly in one of my garden corners.💐

@Cathie19  you are so special and the best for this precious message! Big hugs dear 🤗♥️

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Following such wonderful advise in the meeting today, I thought it might be nice to collect some of it for the rest of the CC to benefit from. @Marissa107 @Cathie19 and @Clara116 especially had some excellent guidance. 

You can take a look here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Grow-your-own-produce/td-p/1295840

My only tips are tom's and strawb's haha! Didn't want to get too carried away.

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Jason1350
Level 10
San Diego, CA

I wish I was able to participate in today’s call but the 4am start for me in California just didn’t cut it. But in the theme of plants I wanted to share an artist I recently came across that inspired me to take my already love of plants a little further in my innofarm retreat AirBnb— www.marylennox.de/ she is well known for her extreme plant designs. With her inspiration I took to my garden to incorporate a little of the outside magic into my dining room chandelier making for a very dramatic and impressionable feel for my guests and of course taking my table-scaping  to a whole new level. Not sure how to include pictures in a post here but if I figure it out I will certainly share. In the meantime check out her work as it may provide some ideas for you as to how to incorporate nature into your space without compromising the guest values of open space and decluttering.  From the top down. 

@Lizzie @Stephanie  how do I include an image in a post? Am I crazy, I don’t see that option but know others have. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Jason1350 ,

Are you on desktop or mobile? For desktop you can follow this guide: Uploading pictures on the CC

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Screenshot 2020-05-15 at 12.59.57.png

Wow, what incredible comments and photos here, thank you so much. What a lovely way to end the week with you all. 

A huge thank you to @Cathie19@Lawrene0@Melodie-And-John0@Clara116@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Stephanie, @Nick, @Gordon0,  @Marissa107@Anna-W, Zdenka (sorry I can't find your username- I hope you see this).

I'm glad that those who couldn't make it today can also enjoy some of the delights we talked about. Please do keep sharing and anyone who couldn't make it (we missed you), feel free to share yours too. 

Here are a few of my plant family...

plants.jpg

I've named a couple...the big one on the right is called Howard and the green one on the left is called Chris Crinkle (due to the crinkly leaves!). 🙂

I'm so intrigued to try growing some carrots from the carrot tops, anyone else want to join me in trying to grow some? Maybe we could share weekly progress photos? 

Thank you all again and enjoy your weekend. 

Lizzie

(I'll be in touch with the link for next week)

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Lizzie @Gordon0  well, I too loved the yellow bench....and also the big boy standing there starting to bust forth with growth.  Your yard area looks real nice 👍

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Lizzie and everyone.... here's a little vid that u might find interesting. I love poppies and how delicate their flowers are...but even cooler is how they make seeds and spread them....

Best blessings, Clara

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Lovely video @Clara116, thank you so much for sharing. 

I've always thought how pretty poppy pods look, especially when they are dried out, I think they can make really nice decorative arrangements too. 

@Gordon0@Lawrene0, @Cathie19, @Melodie-And-John0, @Jessica-and-Henry0, @Ann72, @Kimberly29, @Marissa107, @Stephanie, @Nick I think you might like this. 🙂

--------------------

Beth389
Level 2
Denver, CO

@Lizzie Hello! How do I find the easily find the new posts each week to register for the meet ups? Thank you!