Community Center Social Online Meetup: Friday May 22nd

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Community Center Social Online Meetup: Friday May 22nd

Hey everyone,

After last week's Plant Week, I've been dreaming about plants! 🙂 Thank you to everyone who attended and I don't know about you, but I loved seeing all of the photos afterwards, for anyone who missed it, take a look here.  I now want to find a garden bench just to paint it yellow like yours @Gordon0. Plus, for those of you who are interested in growing your own produce, you might also like, here

For this week, we are back an America friendly timezone. Our next social meetup will be:

Friday May 22nd, 10PM (UK time)*

*Timezones:

Friday May 22nd, 2PM (San Fran)

Friday May 22nd, 5PM (New York)

Friday May 22nd, 11PM (Spain)

Saturday May 23rd, 6AM (Seoul) 

Saturday May 23rd, 7AM (Sydney)

Saturday May 23rd, 9AM (Auckland)

If you would like to join, please register before the start time using this specific link (this link changes each week so if you have registered before, you will need to do it again - sorry): https://airbnb.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMuce-grT8iG9eOYFaIMf6hRyh1WTaPjGtY 

Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out this CC guide

New to CC socials: For anyone new to the socials, it's a weekly online meetup where CC members come together to connect with each other and have a bit of positivity along the way. It's not specifically Airbnb focused and anyone new is very very welcome.  

Theme this week: As suggested last week by @Stephanie (and it's been pretty popular) - it's Pet Week!

Pet Week.jpg

If you have a pet that would like to join our meetup, any type of pet is allowed (just don't put yourself in any danger bringing a lion into your home!), or you can share a photo of a pet or even a story–so let the creative juices flow. 

Like last week, if you are unable to attend or you want to get the ball rolling, please do share below. 

Looking forward to speaking with you all. 

Lizzie

(P.S - if you have any suggestions for future themes, do let me know) 

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Robin4@Melodie-And-John0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2@Stephanie, @Quincy, @Gordon0, @Sandra126@Helen3@Helen350@Yvonne609 , @Manasui0@Kemi9,  @Marissa107@Wave-Autumn-Vine0@Helen3,  @Ryan350@Suzanne302@Ria16,  @Ozge5@Rochelle12@Suzanne302@Jason1350 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

52 Replies 52
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wonderful to hear you can join the meetup on Friday @Yadira22 and @Ann489.  

Looking forward to meeting Milo and the kittens, I hope they like Zoom calls?!? 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Lizzie  I'll certainly be part of the session Friday and see if I can manage to introduce both boys  Eddie and Bentley.... looking forward to seeing all of you with or without pets.....I gave my next door neighbor a t shirt for her birthday it says "I love my cats and 2 people" and the crazy part is it's true and she admits it.  Truly a cat lady....she loves my dogs and gives them gifts for any and every occasion and holiday.  Till Friday... peace ✌️

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

So looking forward to it @Clara116. Love the idea of the tshirt, did she like it? 🙂 

--------------------

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I'm going to give a shoutout to our Month of Celebration authors last year as it was a particularly animal-tastic month.

@Suzanne302 and Griffin

@Laura2592 and her chickens

@Kevin1322 and hounds of the southwest coast

@Solveig0 and Lukas 

@Giuliana142  and the purr-fect pair of puss'

@Helen427 and Zara

@Cathie19 and the pups! (and Gary)

@Ute42 and her yet to be seen pets

@Clara116 with Bently and Eddie.

I'm sure I'm missing some so please add a tag for those not mentioned.

Thanks and I am so looking forward to meeting you and your animals!

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Henry and I both had pets growing up........ but our current lifestyle and apartment home aren't suited to having a furry family member. We are lucky that many of our close friends have pets - as auntie & uncle to these two cuties we are top of the list for when a sitter is needed :-))) 

KakaoTalk_20200521_231531089.jpgKakaoTalk_20200521_231531089_01.jpgKakaoTalk_20200521_231531089_02.jpgKakaoTalk_20200521_232636293.jpg

Having a pet is a huge responsibility and till we can manage...... for us, this is the next best thing~

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

These dogs are amazing, I love their little hair bands - you and Henry must be a very proud Aunty & Uncle, @Jessica-and-Henry0  🙂

What type of breed are they? 

--------------------

@Lizzie  They are both shih tzu mixes :-)) 

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@LizzieI'll come. I've never been to one of these before, but the timing works and I can introduce King Bexley, Alonso, and Coogan the Terrible.  Bex Alonso Coogan.jpg

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I'm so ready for this trio of treats @Alexandra316 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

I'd love to put some vertical plants along the walls in my airbnb. Any tricks? Not my kitty of course, stuck on the wall LOL.GinevraGinevra

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Zara hunting for Elusive RatsZara hunting for Elusive RatsCOME ON i CAN HERE YOU RUSTLING IN THIS BINCOME ON i CAN HERE YOU RUSTLING IN THIS BINI KNOW YOU RATS ARE IN HEREI KNOW YOU RATS ARE IN HEREI'M GOING TO CATCH YOU LITTLE RATS !I'M GOING TO CATCH YOU LITTLE RATS !

Hello @Stephanie @Lizzie @David6824 @Jessica-and-Henry0 @Alexandra316 

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 @Mike-And-Helen0 and @everyone-else,

Zara says she's so sorry not to be in attendance however she hopes you enjoy one of her many excursions with me playing in the rubbish bins in the City with Sky Tower in the background.

She sends her apologies for yet another sideways viewpoint of her antics!!

Woof, woof

My kitty loves mice, naah c'mon just little cuties trying to be alive  @Helen427 

Photos please @David6824 

@Helen427 show me proof your kiddos are hunting for rats rather than making a mess in the street trying to take out expired food from bins and I'll show you proof that my cutie kitty loves to play with mice rather than kill them 🙂

I find it a fair agreement

NOTHING BEATS A DIGGER TO GET RATS!!NOTHING BEATS A DIGGER TO GET RATS!!

BUTTER WOULDN'T MELT IN MY MOUTH AFTER A ROLL AROUND N LAMB RAISINSBUTTER WOULDN'T MELT IN MY MOUTH AFTER A ROLL AROUND N LAMB RAISINS

@David6824, she's not mine, we just go on adventures from time to time...

There's nothing more fun than a turn on a Kubota Digger outside the former Prime Minister's place digging for RATS & MICE ( he knows what we did that day !!!)...and a good roll around in lamb raisins..

One of my friends showed me the tree that the opposum lives in in the same street where the digger was...now show us your cuties...well I'm happy to wait until after your Zoom social over the weekend