Community Center Social Online Meetup: Friday May 22nd

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Community Center Social Online Meetup: Friday May 22nd

Hey everyone,

After last week's Plant Week, I've been dreaming about plants! 🙂 Thank you to everyone who attended and I don't know about you, but I loved seeing all of the photos afterwards, for anyone who missed it, take a look here.  I now want to find a garden bench just to paint it yellow like yours @Gordon0. Plus, for those of you who are interested in growing your own produce, you might also like, here

For this week, we are back an America friendly timezone. Our next social meetup will be:

Friday May 22nd, 10PM (UK time)*

*Timezones:

Friday May 22nd, 2PM (San Fran)

Friday May 22nd, 5PM (New York)

Friday May 22nd, 11PM (Spain)

Saturday May 23rd, 6AM (Seoul) 

Saturday May 23rd, 7AM (Sydney)

Saturday May 23rd, 9AM (Auckland)

If you would like to join, please register before the start time using this specific link (this link changes each week so if you have registered before, you will need to do it again - sorry): https://airbnb.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMuce-grT8iG9eOYFaIMf6hRyh1WTaPjGtY 

Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out this CC guide

New to CC socials: For anyone new to the socials, it's a weekly online meetup where CC members come together to connect with each other and have a bit of positivity along the way. It's not specifically Airbnb focused and anyone new is very very welcome.  

Theme this week: As suggested last week by @Stephanie (and it's been pretty popular) - it's Pet Week!

Pet Week.jpg

If you have a pet that would like to join our meetup, any type of pet is allowed (just don't put yourself in any danger bringing a lion into your home!), or you can share a photo of a pet or even a story–so let the creative juices flow. 

Like last week, if you are unable to attend or you want to get the ball rolling, please do share below. 

Looking forward to speaking with you all. 

Lizzie

(P.S - if you have any suggestions for future themes, do let me know) 

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Robin4@Melodie-And-John0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2@Stephanie, @Quincy, @Gordon0, @Sandra126@Helen3@Helen350@Yvonne609 , @Manasui0@Kemi9,  @Marissa107@Wave-Autumn-Vine0@Helen3,  @Ryan350@Suzanne302@Ria16,  @Ozge5@Rochelle12@Suzanne302@Jason1350 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

52 Replies 52
Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Lawrene0, @Ann72@Roberta2@Stephanie, @Sandra126@Helen3@Helen350@Yvonne609   @Marissa107, @Yadira22@Ann489@Alexandra316, @Lizzie 

Lovely chatting with you all (and I may have tagged some extra people, if so, just ignore me!)

I was not crazy about the owl noise! 🙂

"Eastern screech owls are small owls with grey or rusty-red plumage, and short ear tufts. They do not screech, instead these tiny owls make a call that sounds like a horse's neigh or shrills."

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What kinda horses have you got in Wilmington @Suzanne302 ?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Stephanie 

Hey now! Go to the :50 mark....that's the horse neigh! LOL! 🙂

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Suzanne302 You're not wrong, that definitely sounds horse-ish!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Lizzie @Stephanie and the zoom crowd that meet up often. I hated missing the Friday meet up....I was puny with a headache and just not up for it. I so would have loved seeing your pets and just chatting with you all. Hopeful about the next session. Is there a topic yet?? Have a great week all, blessings, Clara

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

@Lizzie , @Stephanie , @Ann489 , @Clara116 , @Suzanne302 

Sorry, I wasn’t there at the meetup, but not to be outdone by the Eastern screech owl, may I present you with our Barking  Owl!

It’s a diurnal owl that is also known as a winking owl. It’s  interesting sound to hear at night....

Literally, woof woof. Lol... true! 

https://youtu.be/8Se3Ta0aKkk

@Cathie19  I love it!

I wish we had a barking owl in the US! Much cooler than an owl that sounds like a horse, haha!

I think @Suzanne302 , that they are both pretty cool!