Community Center Social Online Meetup: Friday May 22nd

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Community Center Social Online Meetup: Friday May 22nd

Hey everyone,

After last week's Plant Week, I've been dreaming about plants! 🙂 Thank you to everyone who attended and I don't know about you, but I loved seeing all of the photos afterwards, for anyone who missed it, take a look here.  I now want to find a garden bench just to paint it yellow like yours @Gordon0. Plus, for those of you who are interested in growing your own produce, you might also like, here

For this week, we are back an America friendly timezone. Our next social meetup will be:

Friday May 22nd, 10PM (UK time)*

*Timezones:

Friday May 22nd, 2PM (San Fran)

Friday May 22nd, 5PM (New York)

Friday May 22nd, 11PM (Spain)

Saturday May 23rd, 6AM (Seoul) 

Saturday May 23rd, 7AM (Sydney)

Saturday May 23rd, 9AM (Auckland)

If you would like to join, please register before the start time using this specific link (this link changes each week so if you have registered before, you will need to do it again - sorry): https://airbnb.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMuce-grT8iG9eOYFaIMf6hRyh1WTaPjGtY 

Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out this CC guide

New to CC socials: For anyone new to the socials, it's a weekly online meetup where CC members come together to connect with each other and have a bit of positivity along the way. It's not specifically Airbnb focused and anyone new is very very welcome.  

Theme this week: As suggested last week by @Stephanie (and it's been pretty popular) - it's Pet Week!

Pet Week.jpg

If you have a pet that would like to join our meetup, any type of pet is allowed (just don't put yourself in any danger bringing a lion into your home!), or you can share a photo of a pet or even a story–so let the creative juices flow. 

Like last week, if you are unable to attend or you want to get the ball rolling, please do share below. 

Looking forward to speaking with you all. 

Lizzie

(P.S - if you have any suggestions for future themes, do let me know) 

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Robin4@Melodie-And-John0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2@Stephanie, @Quincy, @Gordon0, @Sandra126@Helen3@Helen350@Yvonne609 , @Manasui0@Kemi9,  @Marissa107@Wave-Autumn-Vine0@Helen3,  @Ryan350@Suzanne302@Ria16,  @Ozge5@Rochelle12@Suzanne302@Jason1350 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

52 Replies 52

@Helen427 I didn't get any about this zoom and I'm not zooming anything.

So:

what is the topic, what the url and what time the meeting in CET time?

@Helen427  everybody against rats and mosquitos, poor them what they did to you?

Nothing to me @David6824 

@Lizzie @Stephanie  can help you re Zoom as they are Admin here in CC, I'm a Host who comes on here from time to time

@Helen427 it's not possible my kitty so blue blood that doesn't want to be touched, it's impossible for me to take her, imagine to put her in front of the camera of my surface. no way. no zoom have fun. mhh maybe I could use the iPhone, will see

Giuliana142
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

HIGH FIVE !
Giuliana142_2-1590130284054.jpeg

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

Hi @Stephanie  ,

You wrote to me upthread that my pets aka dogs are yet to be seen. Well, I don't have dogs of my own but I rent my place to guests who bring their dogs.

Many hosts on here state they love hosting bc they meet interesting people from all over the world. I'm not interested in the people, I'm interested in the dogs they bring. If guests check in I always greet their dogs first, they lick my hand and wave their tails, some of them are really playful and there are some dedicated tailwaivers amongst them. When onsite, I play with the guest-dogs for half an hour every now and then but leave the annoying part of having a dog, like walking the dog twice a day and removing the dog poop to their owners.

I would go so far to say that I'd be more than happy to directely rent to dogs an cut out the middle man, their owners.

Now someone may say, how can You come to a rental agreement with a dog, dogs can't read. That's true. Human beings can read but in many cases they don't.

Most popular topics on the CC:

• Guest didn't read the listing description

• Guest didn't read the house rules

So what's the differece between a dog who can't read and a human being who can read, but doesn't?

-------------

Stephanie, this post of mine has elements of a joke. Pls ask Lizzie if it's allright what I'm posting here or if I'm violating the Community Center guidelines. Lizzie is very critical about jokes online.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

HA @Ute42 - All I recalled was that you are a dog lover, sorry for forgetting you don't have a dog of your own. 

Do you have any pets at all? I remember you have chainsaws!

Sometimes jokes can be lost because of the lack of vocal inflection, body language or familiarity. On a public forum, your content is not just seen by who the joke is shared with but everyone else around, without context. The rule of thumb is to not make jokes that personally involve other users because of the potential misconceptions. 

When the emoji keyboard shows up that can help to explain when we're having a laugh too. 😂🤣😂

Vielen Dank,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Stephanie 

Susan understood every joke that I've ever made without emoji's  Ute42_0-1590144542181.png

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Not long until this week's social meetup. Looking forward to hearing how your week has been and meeting some furry friends. 🙂 

I know many of you have registered already, but for those who haven't just to mention there is a different Zoom link every week, so here is the link so you can register before the start time. 

Anyone new to Zoom, there is a CC guide in my original post or give me a shout if you have any questions on how to join. 

Thank you so much and speak to you then.

Lizzie

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Melodie-And-John0@Clara116@Christine615@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2@Stephanie, @Gordon0, @Sandra126@Helen3@Helen350@Yvonne609 , @Manasui0@Kemi9,  @Marissa107@Wave-Autumn-Vine0@Helen3,  @Ryan350@Suzanne302@Ria16,  @Ozge5@Rochelle12@Suzanne302@Jason1350@Yadira22@Ann489@Alexandra316,  

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@LizzieSorry to miss you guys this week.  I've been swamped all day and I'm still on another Zoom call.  See you all next week:-)

Enjoy your week @Kimberly29 . 🌻

@Lizzie  Sorry to have missed you all.... I was looking forward to the meetup, and promptly, the power had to go out! Found out, our neighbor' s tree had lost a branch and it downed the power line.

Milo, the kitties and I hope to catch up with everyone soon.

Stay safe,

Ann and critters

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Hi @Lizzie 

We woke early to find Tilly has had an accident that needs priority cleaning up.... A very rare occurrence but still!  Ughhh! 

So my pet is not my favourite point of discussion this morning. 

I am sending love and hugs to all. 

I might get to pop into the meeting late, otherwise I’ll catch you next time.

So please enjoy your day, mine will include shampooing some carpet! (Not how I envisaged it ....)

🙂

Cathie

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Cathie19 

How's Tilly?

Any chance of some photos for us all?

Here she is  @Helen427, behaving herself! Being relaxed whilst I do some knitting on the back balcony! 

BDAEE91E-0CDB-416E-99AB-0B2252C61874.jpeg