Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Community Center social online meetup: Friday April 10th

meetup.jpg

Hello everyone,

I do hope you are all doing ok.

I've been speaking to many of you over the past couple of weeks and several of you seemed keen to attend a social online meetup with fellow CC members–which I think is a terrific idea!

The background to this is that at a London Superhost event in early March, @Paul1255 and I were hatching a grand plan for a community get together. At this time the Coronavirus was only on the horizon in the UK and so we were very hopeful of meeting together and eating lots of tasty food that we had all baked. Alas, this isn't going to happen right now, but it will definitely happen in the future and I think it's good to have nice things to look forward to. But, I still think it would be great during this difficult time to have a bit of a get together and talk about whatever we like (plus expand it, as location won't be an issue). 

The aim is not to talk about Airbnb specifically (so it's slightly different to the Listening Sessions), but to come together and have a chat. 

I know this is short notice, but I thought we could hold  our first meetup this week at Friday April 10th, 9pm UK time*, which I hope will enable some of our friends from around the world to join. If this time is terrible we can have a rethink, so do let me know. 

If this sounds great and you would like to join please let me know below or via DM and feel free to share any topics you think would be nice to discuss or themes. I will then send you the link to the meetup.  

Thank you so much, I honestly can't wait to catch-up with you all.

Lizzie

* Timezones:

- UK: April 10th, 9PM

- New York (EST): April 10th, 4PM

- San Francisco (PST): April 10th, 1PM  (this may have to be your lunchtime!)

- Sydney: April 11th, 6am (sorry this is super early)

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

55 Replies 55
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

This sounds good. No ideas for topics. Maybe "Making facemasks from your listing's bed linens: Must they be white or are colours okay?"  : )

@Lawrene0   Hilarious,  and multifaceted.  Made me guffaw!

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Lizzie I would love to chat and say hi to everyone. Will this be a Zoom type session? so we can see each other as well? 

I'm curious what others do for their day - do most folks have a schedule, routine, or stay in your pj's and open the fridge 20 times a day? I'm called the food manager- since my husband does organic gardening in our back yard (we live in the city) so I immediately began a plan for food, menus and such to use all the food, make variety and avoid the grocery store - so far its great. My husband goes to the store but only 1 time in 2 weeks....walking out little dogs, and dealing with my plants has been my big focus - having to avoid and limit my news coverage as it is too much and so embarrassing here in the US. Would love to hear about others lives in the real!

peace and safe blessings everyone, Clara

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great ideas here @Clara116 and @Lawrene0. I'm so glad you can attend on Friday. 

To answer your question here Clara, yes I'm planning on setting up a Zoom link, so we will be able to have the tiles version with all our lovely faces in them (if we want to show them...plus if you are still in your PJs it might be quite funny!) . I'll send you the link and the meeting room password to enter soon. 

Does anyone else want to join us? 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Would  love to, but have no idea how to use webcam.......

Ashok33
Level 2
Mumbai, India

Great Idea.  I''m and look forward to it.  Will be joining in from Dubai. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Ashok33, great to meet you. It's wonderful to hear you will be joining our meetup. I'll send you the link via your Community Center inbox before the time. : ) 

Looking forward to speaking with you. 

--------------------

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

@Lizzie  @Clara116 @Ashok33 @Lawrene0 Haven’t done any zoom yet but it’s great how it has taken off for group meetings. I think I will still be at work for those times sadly. 
NZ has been copying the USA with their formal Friday’s . so I’m donning a Tiara today. 
Happy Chocolate egg & Hot X Bun day in your bubbles every one. 
Kia Kaha 

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Lizzie great idea, maybe its a pyjama party?

I'll be there, maybe with Mike too.

@Lawrene0 that was too too funny.

I think we should keep the conversation light...

@Ashok33 what a beautiful name.

@Ria16 @Clara116 look forward to "seeing" you.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Fantastic @Mike-And-Helen0. I've just sent you the link and details via your CC inbox. Exciting times. Speak to you later. 

--------------------

Sounds like fun :-))) unfortunately time zones mean UK: April 10th, 9PM will be April 11th 5AM in Seoul and I don't think I've EVER been up that early in my entire life. Lol~~ 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Yeah, that's quite early @Jessica-and-Henry0, this whole timezone thing is TRICKY! hehe - I promise you the next one will be more a more friendly South Korea / Australia / NZ time zone. 

I've just sent you a DM with the details just in case you wake up early and you fancy joining! : )

--------------------

I don't think Henry or I'll be up that time @Lizzie  but thanks for the invite~ hehe :-))))

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

I will try. Usually up extremely early anyway.