Covid-19 / Refund

Kevin1989
Level 2
Baunatal, Germany

Covid-19 / Refund

I have a question about the Airbnb I booked for 28 days:

Unfortunately today I was informed that I had contact with a person who is apparently Covid-positive (Test is positiv). This is my sister who has mild symptoms (not same household, but contact). I now feel compelled to do a Covid-Test soon, as I belong to the Covid risk group. I'm confident that it will be negative. If it is positive, can I cancel the trip with full refund? Since I have a somewhat weaker immune system and belong to the risk group, I would not like to go on the trip.
I hope for the (hopefully) negative test.

Best regards

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kevin1989 A positive test will allow you to cancel for a full refund. A negative test will not prove you have  not caught covid. Does your country require you to isolate?

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Kevin1989 if you have been in contact with someone positive and need to test, I believe you need to isolate, take a second test etc. I cannot remember the exact rules, but a German friend of ours needed to isolate in a situation like yours. You cannot possibly travel and isolate at the same time ? 

You need to get a certificate from the appropriate body and present to airbnb CS if you would prefer a full refund. A partial refund would probably be possible if you cancel, depending on the host's cancellation policy. 

If you test negative, you could travel after the isolation period I suppose ? Keep your host informed of the situation, perhaps you can come to a solution that would benefit both host and guest ?