Covid Passport Scanner

Danny21
Level 5
Manchester, United Kingdom

Covid Passport Scanner

While the pandemic is by no means over, I still think it's important to make sure I am safe in my own home/space/surroundings.

I don't know about any other country but our has spend an outstanding amount of money on a track and track and covid passport system.

We have our health authority app for phones which shows our covid status.

What I want is a way to be able to scan those QR codes in order to ensure that my guests have had both vaccinations.

I've tried and tried and tried to get an answer on how to do this but it seems that our beloved government haven't thought that far ahead (surprise surprise) on how this information can be used for the hospitality industry.

Does anyone know of a way of scanning/checking these QR codes?

Yes a bog standard QR code reader does read the information but it's just a long string of random characters and means nothing - that's not what I'm asking.

Thanks

2 Replies 2
Solveig0
Level 10
Lørslev, Denmark

Does this work for you? https://www.nhsx.nhs.uk/covid-19-response/domestic-covid-pass-verifier-app-user-guide/

Our COVID app (Denmark) actually has a scanner built in, so if you have the corona pass app, you can also scan other peoples' corona pass. 

Danny21
Level 5
Manchester, United Kingdom

Hi,

Thanks for the link.

I've seen that one before.

The app shows up in the app store but not available to download. Wonder if it's a controlled app or something.

I've spent hours searching for answers but keep coming back to the same useless articles and dead ends.