Covid positive cases in overcrowded town house

Catherine175
Level 2
Byron Bay, Australia

Covid positive cases in overcrowded town house

Hi All, I have turned to you for advice ( for the first time).

The town house directly next to ours  is a three bedder suitable for 6 guests.

Currently we have had the situation where 3 of the tenants have been evacuated to hospital because they are Covid positive.

The absentee landlords who live 800 kilometres away have been notified as have the managers who live nowhere near the property.

Tonight  when my partner went for his Covid test they asked the history of the situation and also how many tenants were still there awaiting Police orders to pass through several ( many ) local government areas on their way home.

There are 9 males and three females still staying in this property. That means that there have been 15 tenants in a 3 bedroom place all week. We were aware that there was someone staying in a tent in the garage and someone sleeping in a van in the carspace.

Currently I am trying to get some sleep given we have had nights without sleep because of partying outside our windows. I now know why it has been so noisy because I guess 15 people in itself is a "party".

Should I involve the Police again ? My partner has called the managers to ask for some peace & quite but they just keep moving from the front to th eback of the house.

Help??

1 Reply 1
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello @Catherine175 and welcome to ABB CC from across the ocean in New Zealand

Definitely contact the Police, you have the right to feel safe.

Ask them to contact the absentee owners to, and take photos for them as evidence.

Take care and I hope you get to have some Quite enjoyment back in your lives soon.