Edinburgh

Rosemary126
Level 2
Edinburgh, GB

Edinburgh

In the light of the Scottish government legislation ordering everyone providing holiday accommodation should temporarily close business to guests, should the host who provides bed and breakfast in the hosts own home and shares space ask the guest to cancel their booking or should the host who adheres to the lockdown advice/ legislation cancel the booking themselves?
some of my guests have cancelled but many have not as yet and I am getting concerned that guests show up when we are in isolation etc

i would appreciate some clarity in this matter

keep well and safe

Rosemary126

2 Replies 2
Sarah3338
Level 2
Scarborough, GB

Hi Rosemary126

I offer the same type of accommodation as yourself.   I still have bookings for June which I will cancel nearer the time if Airbnb don't do it first.  I will offer my guests the chance to rebook another time, if not I will offer them a refund.  You may be better negotiating with your guest now rather than waiting for Airbnb to offer a 100% refund and removing your control over the situation.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Rosemary126 @Sarah3338 

it would be of value to read through and familiarise yourself with your local Public Health Act and any relevant Guidelines/ Code of practise.

We have found out in New Zealand unless a person has or may have a notifiable infectious disease,  one is only allowed to be detained for 72hrs.

Our governments must start to exercise common sense.

It's common knowledge that viruses generally only last a maximum of 14days.

They don't spread by people going out enjoying the sunshine and water sports. 

The blanket approach that has been taken by "experts" including World Health Organisation doesn't fit in with "Best practice" in any society.

One would reasonably expect the "Spirit & Intent" of our Public health Acts were not to lock down the whole world, but to lock down buildings, docks or places where the actual disease is.

One would reasonably expect those who may or do have an infectious disease exercise a common sense approach and confine themselves until they are recovered. Those people in most civilized countries would go to see a professional Doctor, not a Dr of Research at a university, and discuss the best option.