Extenuating circumstances delayed my checkin and airbnb sided with host on 3rd party claim

Farrah24
Level 1
Dublin, Ireland

Extenuating circumstances delayed my checkin and airbnb sided with host on 3rd party claim

A host caused me the worst airbnb experience ever! Her listing had inaccurate information about the check in process. It was listed as ID needed upon arrival, when in reality it was needed at the city’s gate. This was not stated in the listing and she should’ve ensured guests agree to this sharing of PII before booking, which I would have not agreed to and booked another place. Upon checkin, the assistant having the keys was inside with someone else smoking a Shisha, not wearing a mask or adhering to any of the Airbnb Covid rules.

Moreover, the host wanted to get more money because she had a discount set for the first booking, so she asked airbnb to cancel mine and then asked me to book again! Absolute scam!!! She asked Airbnb to cancel by accusing me of creating a third party booking, when this booking was made for myself and by myself (first party), and she knew I missed my flight and was on my way to it but was delayed because of Covid related restriction complications, accordingly the second guest checked in earlier than me. My partner presented her assistant with his ID when he arrived so we did not lie to her about/or hide who was there, I just did not know as my partner wanted to surprise me ,and switched with my brother who was to replace him later, for a period. I explained all this to her and that I did not know or intend on booking for a 3rd party yet she remained adamant in accusing this is a third party booking and as I was explaining this she was ill-mannered and unwilling to help. So I found myself without a refund because of her strict policy (airbnb canceled on my behalf due to her claims) and without a reservation and been in extreme stress the past three days. I contacted support many times only for

them to keep repeating the same thing about 3rd party violation! This is a

horrible experience and I will for

sure not be booking with airbnb again, please advise on taking this to court.

1 Reply 1
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

@Farrah24 

I am so sorry to hear that! 
Do not give up to acknowledge Airbnb Support Help Center, do report the incident again , contact to other case manager to request your refund. 
Cheers up!