Final straw! ECP extended to June - NO support from $250 million fund!

Andrew1928
Level 5
Te Anau, New Zealand

Final straw! ECP extended to June - NO support from $250 million fund!

I got an email saying 3 of my June reservations (I only have 2) will fall under the extenuating circumstances policy. Full refund to guests and NO support for hosts from $250 million fund!

I called Airbnb to discuss and a case manager just sent me the link to the $250 million fund info which does not even apply to June reservations!

Anyone else get this email?

68 Replies 68
Dianne243
Level 3
New York, NY

Yes I received it late last night and then My guess cancel 10 minutes after that called Airbnb spoke to a customer service rep told me I’m not entitled to no money..... smh 😡

Chris197
Level 2
St Kilda East, Australia

I can imagine I would be the perfect case study. In this time if I had support from Airbnb I would stay, and stick tough through this. Instead I am now advertising for long term and I doubt will ever come back. For way too long have the guests had the stage here...

Chris197
Level 2
St Kilda East, Australia

It's one fee for a guest cancelling, but an onslaught of lost fees for the hosts... I just don't see the logic on any level. 

Manasui0
Level 10
Bali, Indonesia

I cancel mine last month with full refund.. for booking on the 18th of juli .. I did not get any emails.. the guest was happy enough to receive the cancelation.. and is all good for me.. 

Jeffrey Bong
Valerie863
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

We're leaving AirBnB over this.

@Valerie863 to where will you go?

Valerie863
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

@Tim670 Probably Booking.com. We were thinking of adding them as a platform a couple years ago after hearing of friends who had had success, but were always happy with AirBnB so didn't feel the need to do the work to switch. Now we feel that need!

Hello,

I have been a loyal Airbnb Customer for 5 years with a perfect record of praise from all my hosts.

I booked a trip to Europe long before the Covid19 Pandemic was declared by WHO.

Australians generally book European trips a long time in advance. Our trips to Europe are expensive and we generally travel for weeks and months. A weekend away in Salzburg makes no economic sense.

The host of my July 18 accommodation insists on charging a 50% cancellation fee even though I have explained to her since March 2020 that The Australian government has banned all overseas leisure travel and Qantas has cancelled all flights overseas indefinitely.

Her behavior is unethical and unscrupulous. I have not used her apartment. I cannot use her apartment. I am not allowed to leave Australia. I am not even allowed to travel to most other states within my own country. 

The dishonest host will not be incurring any expense because of me. She however will be stealing $1,300 from me by taking my money for a service I will not and cannot use.

Airbnb should take the special circumstances of Australian travelers into consideration and formulate a special Covid19 extenuating circumstances policy for Australians who through no fault of their own cannot leave the country and keep their Airbnb bookings as originally intended. Airbnb owes this to its loyal and highly rated customers.

I would be most interested to receive your feedback.

Thank you.

Christina1129
Level 2
San Clemente, CA

I miss out on many guest because of my strict cancellation policy. I lost $47,000 worth of reservations with the extenuating circumstance policy that Airbnb decided to implement an override the host cancellation policy.
I am still trying to catch up from the loss of income. Now 6 months later Airbnb has decided what they did was WRONG. Leaving the host to take the FULL HIT without honoring the host cancellation policy. 
i feel Airbnb should go back and reimburse all of the host. It was not fair that we are in a partnership and one partner changes the rules and decides for everyone. Evidently they realize it is wrong since they are now changing it. They should pay for their mistake. They had no right to change our cancellation policy. 
Do the right thing Airbnb and reimburse your host for all the reservations you canceled without our permissions