Frustrated AirBNB Plus- Covid Cancellation

Bradey0
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

Frustrated AirBNB Plus- Covid Cancellation

I have been told 3 times after waiting on hold for more than an hour that Airbnb could not help me and  that I would receive a call from Airbnb Plus within 48 hours.  the agents have said that they marked the case as "urgent". No call from Airbnb Plus has come!  This has been the case for over a month.  The agents with Airbnb have indicated that plus has its own people, contact information and emails which they cannot provide.  I just want to talk to someone to try and get some help. 

I have made a reservation that needed to be cancelled as the border is closed. (I am a Canadian traveller with a booking in California)  The host has been most helpful in trying to help me but we haven't been able to secure the refund from Airbnb. 

Does anyone know how to get ahold of Airbnb plus.  Is it true that the "regular" agents can't help me.  I honestly think that this is the most frustrating customer service experience I have ever had. 

So disappointing. 

1 Reply 1
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Bradey0 The host should be able to secure you a refund with the click of a button. You can cancel the reservation and the host can follow the prompts to refund you in full. But Airbnb will keep their service fees unless you speak to them and claim their extenuating circumstances policy (which a border closure would qualify.) It is ridiculous that you have waited so long for a response. 

Try Twitter and Facebook. They are usually quicker to respond there.