Guests now only need to "Attest to the Facts" to get a refund. Hosts getting screwed again.

Francis93
Level 3
Galway, Ireland

Guests now only need to "Attest to the Facts" to get a refund. Hosts getting screwed again.

I have submitted another post about this and got zero help from Airbnb so i'll try again. It appears that guests now only need to "attest" that they are affected by Covid travel restrictions. No proof needed.
Airbnb, can you please tell me why local guests who are completely unaffected by travel restrictions are now allowed to cancel bookings with full refunds? I have local guests who are cancelling with full refunds simply because the band they wanted to see in my town is not now playing. THIS IS NOT AN EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCE
It's bad enough that we are getting zero financial support whatsoever from Airbnb but to be treating us this way now is just beyond a joke. How are we ever meant to recover and make it worth hosting again?
If Airbnb are giving vouchers for these reasons they should at the very least make sure that the original host will be the one who benefit's from it.

2 Replies 2
Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Francis93 

There is no rational explanation for this other than Hosts are getting screwed over, guests are getting a travel voucher refund and Airbnb are keeping the cash.

Persistent questions to @Nick @Airbnb will only refer you to the EC policy which spells out clearly that Hosts and their accommodation are just being used as 'cash cows'.

Guy730
Level 1
Gravenhurst, Canada

I agree. Just had a guest cancel that is booked for this weekend.  We gave a strick cancelation policy and no response from airbnb. Also no way to get a answer. 2nd time in a month. Host come 2nd