Haven’t received Grant Invitation yet and really need an update.

Jason1350
Level 10
San Diego, CA

Haven’t received Grant Invitation yet and really need an update.

Hi I’m hoping someone can please advise why if I qualify for the grant I haven’t yet received the invitation? I understand the fine print states that this is being shared on a need basis but I’m most definitely in need. I’m very concerned because it’s the end of April and thought these were to be sent by now. If I am to have any chance of keeping my property until this situation is behind us the grant is most definitely a needed assist.

I feel foolish to have to state this as I would anticipate AirBnB knows the value I’ve offered throughout my tenure but maybe a reminder can assist, fingers crossed.

I’ve been impacted with over $15k in cancellations, am a Superhost and have been hosting since 2013. Additionally, I’ve brought 5 hosts into the community who have very rewarding properties. I always take the high road and try to provide feedback that makes the brand stronger and believe I’ve added significant value. 

I really don’t want to leave this community as I’m good at hosting, I enjoy AirBnB’ing, creating experiences for my guests and helping others get started. I’m up against a fence here and figure it’s worth a chance to post here and hopefully get some input or acknowledgment. 

@Lizzie I know it’s not your responsibility but if there is anything you can do or advise here, I’d be beyond grateful. I’m not sure where else to turn as waiting patiently for my invite hasn’t seemed to be working. Thank you! 

43 Replies 43
Jude7
Level 10
Rhinebeck, NY

I came onto the forum tonight looking for answers to the same question. I sent a message through Twitter. 

The original PR said end of April. Well.. Friday is May 1. 

my question - have ANY hosts out there received an invitation?

@Jude7 FYI, I keep in contact with about 15 hosts throughout CA and all have stated they haven’t received a notice or application yet. Hopefully 1. that means they are still coming and 2. we’ll receive a response from someone within AirBnB to confirm that shortly. 

I sent a twitter message yesterday looking for clarification @Jason1350 . So far no response. I’d love to stay in touch with other hosts as things unfold. It’s very difficult to plan for the future without information. 

i recieved a grant. im wondering if it counts as earned income

Linda1621
Level 3
Oregon, United States

I came here with the exact same question in mind. Hope someone chimes in. 

Jason1350
Level 10
San Diego, CA

I did just come across this communication  “All invitations will be sent out by May 15, 2020.” So maybe we were mistaken by the end of April timeline or they updated it. 

@Jason1350 @Linda1621 @Jude7 

If you do a search on the CC for "superhost relief fund" you'll see a lot of posts and tons of comments. 

But I think @Susan17 posted exactly what you are looking for. 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/250-MILLION-HOST-AID-SUPERHOST-RELIEF-FUND/m-p/1283682

@Jason1350 @Linda1621 @Jude7 @Jessica-and-Henry0

Actually, in the past 48hrs, I have heard of a very small number of superhosts receiving invitations to apply. It's too early to tell, as I don't have enough examples yet to establish any sort of pattern, but what I can say for sure is that the claims the SH fund will be disbursed amongst the "most needy" appear to be out the window already. At least two of those that I'm aware of who have received "invitations", most certainly wouldn't fit that category, and one has another thriving business that has benefitted, as opposed to suffered, from the COVID crisis (and has confirmed that herself) As always, go figure.. 

@Susan17 

Regardless of what Airbnb *claims* the selection criteria is, I always assumed it would be based on which hosts can Airbnb use and sell the host's personal story to gain the best  and most positive PR exposure. 

Probably someone who has never posted anything negative or critcal of Airbnb..... ever. 

@Jessica-and-Henry0

Oh you can bet your life that'll be the case, and the (admittedly very limited!) selection of lucky "invitees" I've seen so far, would certainly appear to support that theory..

I definitely won't be holding my breath anyway.. 😏

Thank you @Jessica-and-Henry0 for including me in a mention. I’ve jumped into the conversation and followed your link. 

jude

Jenny1069
Level 2
La Palma, CA

Hey Jason...

Im in so Cal. and had 40k+ in cancellations across both platforms so, I feel your pain. Wanted to mention how amazing everybody has been at deferring my overhead payments though. My mortgage pushed me off to August with simply adding the payments to the end of the loan. So, no playing catch up with them which, is awesome! Edison, Alarm, TV, heck even my Gardner and pool guy did as well. I can genuinely say that “we are all in this together” so all that stress I had like yours, has been lifted off my back now. You may have attempted or achieved this already but just wanted to mention it in case you haven’t. Good luck and hang in there! 🙂

@Jenny1069

Your gardener and your pool guy can afford to wait till August for you to pay them what you owe them...? Wow. Would've thought their incomes would have been decimated too by this pandemic. 

I guess there’s been an error on my reply haha, let me try this again...

They’ve both serviced my home for the ten years that I’ve owned it. My paraplegic father with MS was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer last year and after major surgery became too weak to take care of himself anymore. So, Airbnb became my savior in allowing me to move in with him and take care of him while keeping my home. It’s a full time job taking caring of him. I think they just understand my situation and know that it’s the only income I’ve relied on so, I’ll take care of them for these months when everything returns to normal again. 🙂