Host need to contact news outlets

Sam397
Level 10
Reno, NV

Host need to contact news outlets

Well its become clear that BnB is not going to rethink their decision on giving full refunds. I am blown away that they would do what they have done and continue to do so even after its become obvious what there decision is doing. There are people whos losing their homes, will not be able to provide for their families just a  person can save a few hundred bucks. A 50/50 split of the fees would give the guest a loss that would not devastate their finances and could make up by the time the crisis is over, and splitting the cost would allow the host to survive and ride out the storm. But no, they decided to give the guest full refund and devastate he lives of a lot of people. people. Dont they realize or care that they are taking away the only income some people have coming in with no other options to make money. They cant go out and find a job, or even sell their house, but hey, at least guest can stick a few hundred bucks back in the bank,  and thats whats more important. What host need to do is flood news media with request for them to report on this story. Contact their local news agency's as well as networks. If a lot of people contact them they will report on it. AirBnB wont do anything until they start seeing MSN telling people what they are doing. Even if its a local news station reporting about this then maybe one of the larger ones will pick it up and if that happens people will know. And public opinion is huge, it can make or break a company and it can definitely make them rethink their decisions. I understand that its not going to do the host any good if BnB goes under but we cant sit back and be treated this way.

2 Replies 2
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

I had a guest book on 16 March for 19 March. (7 days). She cancelled 18 March. I HAVE been paid in accordance with my 'moderate' cancellation policy. (It's showing up in Transaction History/Earnings bar chart; too soon to be in my bank account, as money was released yesterday.)

Mc4
Level 4
Cambridge, MA

Guys there is a grp

on the fb

Its called Airbnb Hosts United. Pls come there.