Hosting First Responder

Linda2839
Level 2
New Smyrna Beach, FL

Hosting First Responder

Airbnb has asked hosts to offer their homes to first responders during this crisis. Its nice that they came up with the idea, and it's wonderful that people are opening their entire homes for these fine people. It's no skin off Airbnbs back, costs them nothing. I have an RN staying at my 3 bedroom home in Florida for 2 months gratis. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Airbandb were to give us hosts credit in the form of hostings towards Superhost status. Perhaps credit of 1 booking for each week we give to responders?  So 8 weeks would be 8 of the required 10 bookings to earn super host. What say you?

1 Reply 1
Saffi3
Level 1
Lugo, Spain

This is an amazing idea Linda!

I am sorry that I have just seen this thread.

I am considering hosting first responders as well, as I do appreciate all the brave men and women who have been serving us throughout this terrible time and really think that they should be shown gratitude.

I do agree, however, that as we [hosts] are the ones who will be making our places available to these fine humanitarians, the Airbnb organisation could chip in and offer a compensatory incentive (albeit an upgrade to super host as you´ve suggested), that is not just the small contribution being offered towards the cleaning.

Good hosts normally have their properties cleaned and certainly keep them clean for any potencial guests and instant bookings that may arise, so this one-time contribution toward the cleaning that is being proposed, is a cost that is already absorbed by hosts.

Even if I am not compensated, I will still try to join the community helping our first responders.

Having said that though, let's see if the Airbnb organisers will join us in our effort to give back to those who have given us so much.