How to claim full cancellation as per the recent Covid-19 announcement

Angela2204
Level 2
Budleigh Salterton, GB

How to claim full cancellation as per the recent Covid-19 announcement

I am both a host and a traveller based in the UK.  Having read the latest airbnb announcment, I have tried to cancel my trip to London, check-in pre May 31st, I have found that the host can still charge cancellation fees and the service fee refund is in the form of a coupon rather than a cash refund as the announcement suggests.  I would appreciate some clarity so that I can share with my own guests who are forced into the same situation.

3 Replies 3
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Angela2204 

What date did you book the reservation, as that is also relevant as to whether it is covered by the COVID-19 policy. I believe the booking needed to be made before 14th March to be covered. 

Susan3647
Level 1
Manchester, MI

I booked a trip for March 11-13 on Feb. 8. The trip was for a conference on behalf of Michigan State University. At 11:30 pm March 10, the university president cancelled all travel. I immediately notified the host but they declined my request for a refund. Do I have any recourse?

Rob7104
Level 1
Gosport, United Kingdom

I booked before the 10th March but I’m only being offered a credit note when their policy is quite clear I can ask for a full refund but come up against a blank wall every turn