[Meetup] Community Center Social Online Meetup: June 12th

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Meetup] Community Center Social Online Meetup: June 12th

CC meetup.jpg

Hello everyone, 

Thanks to those of you who were able to join last Friday's meetup. It was such a relaxed session, we just had a much needed chat–I don't think we even realised we had been talking for nearly two hours! 

Getting ready for the next one. We are back on an APAC friendly timezone. 

Our next social meetup will be:

Friday June 12th, 12PM (UK time)*

*Timezones:

Friday June 12th, 7AM  (New York / Toronto)

Friday June 12th, 1PM (Spain)

Friday June 12th, 8PM (Seoul)

Friday June 12th, 9PM (Sydney)

Friday June 12th, 11PM (Auckland)

If you would like to join, please register before the start time using this specific link (this link changes each week so if you have registered before, you will need to do it again - sorry): https://airbnb.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIqf-qvpj0oEt2YYhBFE9pwx-AVX0rJWGkA 

Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out this CC guide

New to CC socials: For anyone new to the socials, it's a weekly online meetup where CC members come together to connect with each other and have a bit of positivity along the way. It's not specifically Airbnb focused and anyone new is very welcome.  

Theme: in the last meetup, we carried on the conversation about cooking something together and I said I would start a topic to share recipe ideas for things we could do. I am so sorry that I've only just created it. I thought we could decide there what we are going to cook (maybe something easy to begin with) and decide which week we want to do it. Here it is: Live from the kitchen: let's cook together...

If you have any ideas of what you would like to talk about this week (as it might be a little short notice for the cook-a-long), please do share below. 

Looking forward to seeing you.

Lizzie

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Robin4@Melodie-And-John0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2@Stephanie, @Quincy, @Gordon0, @Sandra126@Helen3@Helen350@Yvonne609 , @Manasui0@Kemi9,  @Marissa107@Wave-Autumn-Vine0,  @Ryan350@Suzanne302@Ria16,  @Ozge5@Rochelle12@Jason1350@Ann489@Yadira22@Alexandra316

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

4 Replies 4
Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Lizzie  Hi......SO SORRY, Bummer, I will not be in on the zoom meet up today!! Just found out that David has something special planned with me early today - and he told me late last night. I will miss chatting with you all. 

Keep me posted and I wanna be in on all the fun......so save some fun for me.....till soon. All the best everyone and many blessings

Stay safe,  stay well, Clara

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Clara116,

Hope you don't mind, I've just moved your post to today's meetup discussion. 

Aww how exciting, have you any idea what you are going to be doing? 

I hope you have a lovely time, we will miss you in the meetup. 

Enjoy. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie @Nick @Lawrene0 @Kimberly29 

So nice to see you guys and catch up. Enjoy your weekend. 

@Clara116 Hope you had fun today and look forward to talking to you next time~

Here are some photos of Henry's new home brew machine  I mentioned during today's meet up. 

Fermenting fridge and brew kitFermenting fridge and brew kitHenry's new home brew machine & starter kitHenry's new home brew machine & starter kitStarting the fermenting cycleStarting the fermenting cycle

Brew kitBrew kit

Bottled beer (labels came with the kit)Bottled beer (labels came with the kit)

Since we tend to host a lot of exchange students and most schools have cancelled exchange programs for this year, we've already decided we'll be taking a long extended break from hosting......... which has given Henry time to focus on some new hobbies but if he keeps this up we might have to turn the guest bedroom into a micro-brewery and liquor showcase 🤣 🤣 🤣

Will share more photos of other infused liquor Henry is making soon~~~ 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing those @Jessica-and-Henry0 , I can certainly see this turning on a full-time business 🙂 

Also how lucky he has lost weight throughout all this. Take it from someone who can fit into any of his clothes anymore 😥