New Cleaning Protocols - What does your calendar look like?

New Cleaning Protocols - What does your calendar look like?

I have multiple 1 day bookings in a week on average.

This cleaning protocol is going to wipe out a lot of my business. 

I just want to see what happens to my calendar when I opt in and if I do not. 

Has anyone seen or know what it looks like?

3 Replies 3
Stacy3
Level 5
Honeoye, NY

Personally, we decided to increase the minimum night stay to 5 nights and to click the option to have one night before and after each reservation. It's not ideal because we're not making as much money as we were before, but at the very least, we've seen less frequency of traffic and therefore less frequency of cleaning. I know that may not be the answer you want, but I figured I'd share what we decided to do in case it's helpful to you 🙂 Either way, good luck!

I've done a similar thing. 5 night minimum with 2 days blocked on either end. I think that most anyone who says they are following the new Airbnb cleaning guidelines is full of it. I keep the house very clean and am taking added measures to disinfect surfaces (thus the 2 day wait period on either end of a reservation), but I cannot remove and wash all of my drapery or disinfect all of the blinds in my house between every guest. And who washes their full-sized rugs, much less on a weekly basis. I will also not waste gloves by changing into a new pair every time I go into a different room. That's irresponsible and does nothing to improve safety versus washing one's hands frequently during the cleaning process. I think Airbnb needs to set up a new cleaning protocol that can actually be followed by hosts. 

@Paige-And-Mike0 @Virginia176 I'm also wondering about the opt-in. What I got last week was a 38 page document with ridiculous guidelines like washing all of the dishes and silverware in the cabinets, washing the walls and baseboards with soap and water and pulling the beds away from the walls and vacuuming behind them (is Covid-19 lurking there??). What I found tonight was a 4 page document that is much more reasonable, by comparison: https://www.airbnb.com/resources/hosting-homes/a/cleaning-guidelines-to-help-prevent-the-spread-of-c... 

Which is right? If it's the 38 page one, I can't opt-in to that, but if it's the 4 page one, I can probably deal with it.

Anyone know?