[New] Community Center Social Online Meetup: May 29th

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[New] Community Center Social Online Meetup: May 29th

Food.jpg

Hello everyone,

Our pet themed  meetup last Friday was really fun, thanks to those who could make it, I feel we all learnt a lot about animals we've seen in our local area! Once again it is fantastic to see the conversation carrying on in the CC and all the wonderful photos. I know many of you couldn't make it and so we will host another pet themed meetup in the upcoming weeks. 🙂

This week, we are back an APAC friendly timezone. Our next social meetup will be:

Friday May 29th, 12PM (UK time)*

*Timezones:

Friday May 29th, 7AM (New York / Toronto)

Friday May 29th, 1PM (Spain)

Friday May 29th, 8PM (Seoul)

Friday May 29th, 9PM (Sydney)

Friday May 29th, 11PM (Auckland)

If you would like to join, please register before the start time using this specific link (this link changes each week so if you have registered before, you will need to do it again - sorry): https://airbnb.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMkf-CprTIpHNAs5n8LfcyxAyEE76t6FuGN

Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out this CC guide

New to CC socials: For anyone new to the socials, it's a weekly online meetup where CC members come together to connect with each other and have a bit of positivity along the way. It's not specifically Airbnb focused and anyone new is very very welcome.  

Theme: we all liked the sound of a food theme when we discussed this in our last meetup. Although I am quite happy to talk about it for hours, it might be good for us to narrow it down a little. Perhaps one week we could all try cooking something together??

A couple of ideas I had for this week:  a) Share what our traditional food is from our local area b) any food discoveries during lockdown c) favourite recipes. 

If you have any ideas relating to food which you think would be interesting and enjoyable for the group, please do share below and/or select one of a, b or c. 🙂 

Looking forward to hearing from you. I hope you can make it. 

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Robin4@Melodie-And-John0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2@Stephanie, @Quincy, @Gordon0, @Sandra126@Helen3@Helen350@Yvonne609 , @Manasui0@Kemi9,  @Marissa107@Wave-Autumn-Vine0,  @Ryan350@Suzanne302@Ria16,  @Ozge5@Rochelle12@Jason1350@Ann489@Yadira22@Alexandra316

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

45 Replies 45
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Hi @Lizzie - I like (A) the best!  Should be up in time to see you all, but I won't be having lobster rolls for breakfast 🙂

Okay, you’re forgiven @Ann72 !  Lol....

@Lizzie 

I'm with @Ann72 and think (a) is best... mostly because I don't cook (=don't know recipes) Lol~ 

When I think traditional typical, everyday Korean food..... the first thing that pops into my head is a table setting with a bowl of rice, dwenjang-chigae (soybean paste stew) and kimchi.... plus a few more banchan dishes depending on the season or weather. Then we have a whole new list of all the different special occasion traditional foods........... The thing Henry and I miss most about NOT hosting is not being able to share meals with guests and introducing them to various Korean foods and dishes.

See you Friday~~ 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

You've been torturing me with pics of food all over the CC recently @Jessica-and-Henry0 !

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

If I'm awake I'll be there, but seem to fail 9pm... dark winter, early sleep.

Okay @Sandra126 , you will need a coffee or a berocca to get you there! Lol..

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Definitely not both at the same time... @Cathie19 and @Sandra126, you will not be able to sleep again for weeks after that! 🙂 

Hope to see you soon. 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hmm. I'll have to think about that a bit. Looking forward to the chat. 🙂

@Christine615 , can I make you a cup of tea or coffee?  Or you make one in a thermos to grab as you get out of bed?

That sounds delightful @Cathie19 

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

@Lizzie  & @Stephanie : I’m a foodie.... I have a lust to eat; so let’s start with a)....... But like Ann, I might not have something to show, my reason being, as I will have eaten it! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I think that's a good excuse @Cathie19, haha! 

--------------------

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@LizzieI will pop in for a few minutes before I go to work. I'm the most boring breakfast chef ever! Every day I eat the same thing: two eggs over easy with some fresh veggies. I'll try and make something exciting tonight and show leftovers. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Will be lovely to see you @Alexandra316, even for a short time. Your breakfast sounds pretty nice, mine usually consists of some cereal and a big mug of tea (but I love cereal - so no complaining there!) 

--------------------