New Fiji covid rules cancellation

New Fiji covid rules cancellation

Hi all. We have to cancel our Fiji reservation because the hosts are not able to open due to new covid requirements. They are willing to refund the total amount. So far, I don't see where I can request it, only ask for a refund for half. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jean-3sfykgc0 I would suggest that the host should cancel if they are the ones unable to host. That way you will guarantee to get a full refund including Airbnb fees. If it is a legal requirement their cancellation should be covered by the extenuating circumstances policy and they shouldn't get penalised.

I will do that. They are willing to give a full refund. Thanks! 

@Jean-3sfykgc0 Real shame you can't go to Fiji. I was only there for a couple of days on a work trip but the place and more importantly the people were wonderful.

It is a beautiful and wonderful people and country!  We are still going!This is our second trip. We found another place in the same area that's approved. I was notified by Fiji Airways Fiji was opening December 1st two weeks prior. I scrabbled to get the same itinerary right away since I knew everyone else who had to cancel would be doing the same thing. We had to cancel with this same reservation the first time in 2020 and wanted to stay this year. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jean-3sfykgc0 If you fly Fiji Airways on an Airbus A330 then at least you can rely on the rather good engines under its wings.

Glad to hear it! ;))