Not sure if my question went under Covid discussion.

Not sure if my question went under Covid discussion.

Not sure if my question went under Covid discussion. I want to after September 2021 to require vaccination to stay here.  At this point in United States everybody’s had the option to be vaccinated. With the new variant I’m not sure I want to host anybody that isn’t vaccinated, it’s too big of a risk for me although I have been vaccinated. I’m thinking most people that are vaccinated would appreciate staying at a place that the host has been vaccinated as well as all of the guest. 
let me know what you think.

5 Replies 5

@Susan737   I have already put it out as My rental is a guest suite in my home. I’m immunocompromised so there’s no exceptions. I just listed on Airbnb late July and have bookings Aug 1 thru Sep 21.  It seems there is a lull now and I have not had a new booking for 10 days now - crickets.  I did change my cancellation to flexible non-refundable pricing option. What have others noticed in the last week or so? New bookings in Sept / October?

Jessica555
Level 3
Beverly, MA

I already require that all guests are vaccinated, with no exceptions, and if guests don't send me their vaccination records, I will cancel their reservation. I am hoping Airbnb will add an easy feature to allow guests to upload their vaccine records, and hopefully verify them, so we hosts can have an easier time if we want to protect ourselves by accepting only vaccinated guests into our homes. I don't let unvaccinated friends our family inside my house, I am certainly not willing to host unvaccinated strangers.

That’s a great idea did you contact them. 🙂 

I agree as I am the 70 yr old mother that cleans the airbnb home.  I am fully vaccinated and would like to know the guests are vaccinated.  I hope Airbnb will support our concerns.

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Susan737 

I think it’s a reasonable requirement if that’s what you want to do.

I also think that it will be required by law quite soon whether people like it or not.