Ontario Covid Closure Dates

Jérémy102
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Ontario Covid Closure Dates

Good evening all,

Someone has the specific dates when short-term rentals (Airbnb) were prohibited in Ontario since the start of the pandemic? I believe those periods allowed you to host persons in need only (very vague interpretation here). 

I already got the following dates according to past news :

Apr 4 - Jun 6, 2020 (1st occurrence)

Is there another one I'm missing? 

I need this information for an application to a federal program. 

Thanks for your time! 

Jeremy Cousin

2 Replies 2
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

It was different for different areas in Ontario, @Jérémy102 . I know I was in Grey Lockdown here at various times and had to reschedule guests when others were in Yellow, for instance. There was a stay-at-home for everyone from the last week of December 2020 to around February 19, 2021. 

Best way I found to pin it down was to go into my inbox where I was working with guests to cancel and reschedule. If you do that, it will give you an idea of the dates that affected you, and then you can check the news articles of the time for the specifics for your application.

Good evening,

I don't think it is a good idea to look in the chats to get the information I'm asking for. I was asking for the province-wide prohibitions that occurred during Covid like the one from Apr 4 - Jun 6 2020.

I will email the short-term rental department of the City of Toronto to see if they can answer. I'm looking for specific dates. Thanks!