Policy Keeps Pushing Out - When will it stop?

Teagan3
Level 2
Boston, MA

Policy Keeps Pushing Out - When will it stop?

They keep just extending this date, and this time without notice – June 30th. I am trying my best to be accommodating to all guests, even those that fall outside of these dates, but it is hard when this date keeps moving and moving very last minute. It incentivizes my guests to keep waiting to decide, in hopes it will be extended to cover their booking. So far this has worked, and they cancel late, leaving me unable to re-book.

I have a guest cancelling for June 13th, and it is simply not enough time for me to get a new booking. This is insane. I feel like I am bleeding money. I agree guests need an option, but there must be something Airbnb can do for the hosts.

I have started to take my open dates off the platform because this policy empowers the guests to be disrespectful of the hosts. I just had a guest cancel last minute, and get a full refund, because they could not dine-in at restaurants. If we are changing our expectations why aren't the guests? I have a fully equipped kitchen and you can pick-up food to-go from restaurants.

I would appreciate it, if at a minimum, Airbnb could work on a marketing/guest reach-out piece that address their vacations still being viable, but maybe looking a little different, and that it can still be a wonderful vacation. (Before you comment about this, I also send out messages to all my guests letting them know what restaurants are open for take-out, what parks and trails are available for use, and that our private beach is ready for visitors.) I would also appreciate it switching to an Airbnb credit versus a full payout. I believe that if the guest knew they were not getting their money back, they would behave differently. I do not even need the credit to be for my booking. I just know it would alter the decision-making process of the guests. Offering a credit is no different then what I have experienced from airlines, music festivals, and resorts.

I am exhausted. These cancellations have started to consume my time and energy, and I get little to no help when I reach out to customer service.

Please forgive any typos, an exhausted super-host, 

Teagan

0 Replies 0