Qualifying for the COVID-19 grant program.

Qualifying for the COVID-19 grant program.

We need the help of the Host community. Here's the request we are making of Airbnb...

Jeffrey & Sandra0
7:57 AM
My wife--74-- and I--80-- joined Airbnb as a host about one year ago. We had completely remodeled our basement with a private entrance to accommodate our future guests at a cost of over $75,000. We quickly acquired Super Host status and have maintained a five-star rating for almost a year - airbnb.com/h/thebluedoordenver. Unfortunately, it appears we are going to be ineligible for the $5,000 grant program based on the initial criteria. However, we need it more than most simply because we just got started and have not yet been able to begin recovering our investment. We now have our construction loan costs of about $2,500 per month with no revenue to support them. Is there any way Airbnb can offer flexibility in its qualification requirements - Super Hosts for a full year - and offer us eligible status?
1 Reply 1

Their criteria seem to be somewhat arbitrary. I hope they set up an appeals process. Good luck with everything!