Refund balance - less than expected

Refund balance - less than expected

Hi All,

In July 2020 I got full refund from airbnb due to COVID. In the cancellation notification mentioned I can pay next trips by the credit till 30-Dec 2021.

The refund amount is 6195.69. (see attached pic)

In 30-Oct-2020 I made some different reservation, but didn't use any sum of the refunded amount. Just checked the refunded sum and it was on balance. 

Today I tried to make the reservation and the final payment form included explicitly the refunded value, BUT the refunded value today is not expected 6195.69. It shows 3114.51 as total amount I can use. 

Very appreciate if anybody can help to understand:

1. What is the reason of amount reducing? May be I just didn't find the rest?

2. Why the refunded amount explicitly included as in the payment without any choice? 

3. How can I  just open the support ticket?

Thank you very much,

Evgeny

Refund confirmation Jul-2020Refund confirmation Jul-2020Attempt to pay todayAttempt to pay today

2 Replies 2
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

I believe I have read elsewhere in this forum @Evgeny36 that you can only apply the credit to one trip.  If the one trip doesn’t cost as much as the credit, you lose what’s left over.  I’m not 100% sure if this, though, so let us know what customer service says.

Hi! 

Support team explained why. So, everything is OK! 
When I ordered my previous trip in October 2020 airbnb automatically debited the part of the existing credit without any visual notifications. I can imagine because the October's deal amount was less than total amount.
My fault is actually that I didn't review properly my credit card statements in November and missed the fact that the credit card was not debited by expected amount. 
Thanks,
Evgeny