Remote Hosting: Viewing digital vaccination certifcate before accepting bookings. Applies to Australian context only.

Michelle2786
Level 2
Australian Capital Territory, Australia

Remote Hosting: Viewing digital vaccination certifcate before accepting bookings. Applies to Australian context only.

I would like to check quest's vaccination certificate prior to accepting a booking request. Airbnb hides all links and other communication channel options in its messaging section before a booking request is accepted, thus making it impossible for intending guests to show their digital certificates befooe Airbnb extract their commission.

Have any other remote Australian hosts found a workaround this problem?

7 Replies 7

Thanks for asking- any solution from AirBNB?

Airbnb has no solution to this.  Suggested asking guest to send to your email address, but you can't give out your email address it just gets deleted. All I am doing is accepting the bookings and trusting the guests to send their vaccination certs. I suppose if anyone of them doesn't I just cancel the booking.

Michelle2786
Level 2
Australian Capital Territory, Australia

Nothing at all.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can't see and have no reason to see vaccine confirmation before someone books. Just add to your house rules and up front in your listing that guests need to provide one on booking @Michelle2786 

Linda356
Level 2
Burradoo, Australia

I am getting the guests to sent a screen shot of their vaccination certificate I ask them to attach at the message section. I have had so far a booking for 4 people one person refused to send and only wanted to show on arrival. So I cancelled the booking. Also other guests have asked me to delete the certs after the booking. I don't think this is possible does anyone know how this can be done. I think it is wise to get sight of the certs before arrival as being an on site host I don't want any confrontations.

Fully understand your concern Linda. I've recently  included a very specific request for a copy of potential guests Digital Vaxx Certificates in my Hose Rules . I have always made a point of requesting the email addresses of guests prior  to their arrival so I can provide a pdf of specific info that will assist me to personally check them in more easily plus other relevant info. I've found this practice reduces confusion and provides a greater focus on what guests need to know as so many don't bother to fully read listing details. I've not had anyone decline my request for their email address or provide the extra info I've requested.

However while I've been blessed with a succession of excellent guests  over the past several months and almost 95% occupancy I've just blocked my calendar for the long term, taking on one only direct long term  guest. Reason being simply one of reducing risk posed by potential multiple short term guests. While treble vaxxed I'm a prime candidate for Covid being a fit & healthy senior citizen with an under laying cardiac problem. With the relaxation of borders, quarantine restrictions and rampant escalation of infections here  in Queensland , I'm simply not prepared to run the risk, for the immediate future at least. I'll gladly review re activating my listing once the Covid Virus situation improves.

Jackie237
Level 4
Hastings, United Kingdom

I don't see how seeing someone's vaccination passport even if they are triple vaccinated will stop them from bringing Covid into the house. Even triple vaccinated people are getting Covid.