Should guests provide their own bedding?

Answered!
Dom2288
Level 1
Bidford-on-Avon, United Kingdom

Should guests provide their own bedding?

A month ago I booked an Airbnb listing which stated that linen and towels would be provided. Three days before checking in I received a private message from the host saying that  we are to provide our own duvets, duvet covers, pillows, pillow cases and towels due to covid-19. 

The listing still states that linen is provided by the host and I have stayed in four Airbnb properties since covid broke out which all provided these items. 

There are three guests and it will be difficult to bring 3x each of these items in one small car. If I had known that we had to provide these items I would not have booked this listing.

Can anybody give me some clarity on

a) whether this is ok for the host to do (3 days prior to check in)?

b) how should I approach the situation?

Thanks in advance!!

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Dom2288 To answer your questions

1) Easy - No this is totally unnacceptable

2) Harder: my suggestion would be

a) Contact the host and ask that they provide the listing as booked

b) If a doesn't work contact Airbnb and ask them to intervene (phone number is in contact post pinned to top of help section of this forum

c) Prepare by looking for somewhere else to stay. It may or may not be easy at such notice. This then covers you if the host cancels or, if they refuse to provide bedding, you ask Airbnb to cancel

d) If you are coming to Derbyshire book with us - We provide duvets, bedding and towels!

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Dom2288 To answer your questions

1) Easy - No this is totally unnacceptable

2) Harder: my suggestion would be

a) Contact the host and ask that they provide the listing as booked

b) If a doesn't work contact Airbnb and ask them to intervene (phone number is in contact post pinned to top of help section of this forum

c) Prepare by looking for somewhere else to stay. It may or may not be easy at such notice. This then covers you if the host cancels or, if they refuse to provide bedding, you ask Airbnb to cancel

d) If you are coming to Derbyshire book with us - We provide duvets, bedding and towels!