Super host relief fund

Holly-Jo0
Level 1
Portland, OR

Super host relief fund

Where does one find the application for the super host relief fund?

38 Replies 38
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@June215 

Yes June, they have made sure they have cut off the assistance at both ends.

A/......Hosts eligible for the assistance will receive a payout as per their cancellation policy!

What this means is, hosts with a flexible/moderate cancellation policy will not be eligible because they have already signaled they want the guest to be fully refunded! 

B/.....The only hosts who can claim this will be hosts who have a strict cancellation policy....and most of those are multi listing hosts! Surprise, surprise, It won't be available to..... hosts with more than 2 listings!

Once again June, it's a case of 'smoke and mirrors'! There is a substantial PR department within Airbnb whose job it is to protect Airbnb, come what may!

Look, in reality I learned years ago not to depend on what Airbnb say! I run my business my way and accept full responsibility, I do not look for assistance from Airbnb in bad times because I am sure I won't get it.

We have to get past this mentality of depending on Host Protection Schemes, and having our backs covered.....they are not. Once you realise that and simply use Airbnb as a booking agency, the sooner you will take steps to protect yourself and be in harmony with your business!

Don't get into bed with the devil!

Cheers......Rob

Hey Rob, 

Thanks for the advices. I personally have mostly positive encounters with Airbnb's support so I guess everyone has different experiences. 

Just so you know, I user to work for another OTAs so I totally understand that Airbnb works as a booking platform. You can call me naive but I think the past experience allow me to appreciate these OTAs and the enormous workforce and effort it takes to run a global company, and that a fair and square business. They provide the platform to get your listings available to the world, you give back the fee/commission. 

I also understand that partnership bonds the parties to support each other yet there's no obligation. And trust mez Airbnb does provide better support than any other platforms I have work with so far. 

So anyway, my point is point out the incomplete statement of the eligibility criteria so that the selection process  could be more measurable. If you look at this in a way it should, that fund perhaps reachs only 20% or 30% of the hosts who are truly in need. And even with such percentage, many many host will be helped. It may not be you or me yet someone else will have it so why do we have so bitter bout it?? I don't have the mentality to rely on partner protective scheme yet I can and should seek for aids if /when it's available.  

Good intention is great, calculative good intention (PR, marketing) is still count because clearly someone in need will be benefited from it. Stay safe and peace 🙂 

Cheers, 
J

... not more than 2 [ACTIVE !!!] listings ...

Jennifer679
Level 2
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom

yes how can Airbnb know our financial circumstances to decide who is most in need to invite to apply, it seems very strange... 

Ronald208
Level 2
IJsselstein, NL

There's a second fund program, what has to do with this. 

if a guest cancels a reservation for check-in between March 14 and May 31 due to a COVID-19-related reason, Airbnb will pay the host 25% of what they would normally receive through their cancellation policy.

Anyone has used this already?

Here's the source: https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/30/airbnb-commits-250-million-to-helping-hosts-cover-cancellations-du...

Yes, contacted Airbnb support to ask what time they are going to send the payout.

Usually i get the payout next day after check-in. But now it will take weeks to get the 25% payout.

James-Michael2
Level 2
Palm Springs, CA

What a joke. They touted this is some great things for those of us who needed it. I need it. This is my only source of income. I just recently bought a second home and listed it two months ago with the profits from last year my first listing. I’ve had over 70 bookings in one year. I’ve made super host twice in a row. I have a 4.98 overall rating. But I don’t meet the criteria. i’m not eligible for an SBA loan I haven’t been in business for 12 months. And I’m sure I won’t get an invitation. So what do I think about this company? Let’s just say I’m pretty well-connected with the media. I will have no problem in letting everyone know in Palm Springs California just how I was treated by Airbnb. So much for “having our back“

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@James-Michael2  So you think Airbnb should be responsible for bailing out every single one of their hosts? Should my full-time employer be responsible for bailing out every single one of her employees? Should a restaurant owner bail out every single one of their servers/bartenders?

Estelle132
Level 2
London, GB

Is this thread still open?

Estelle132
Level 2
London, GB

My previous message got deleted... so here we are again. I was wondering how Airbnb will know our level of hardship? @Susan17 do you know. I meet all of the eligibility criteria. The banks in Spain are not helping as helpful as in other countries. I have placed a request with my bank to defer my mortgage payment, but they are not answering the phones or email. At the same time, Airbnb sends a nice piece of communication wish gave me hope, but there is no way to communicate with them either, to tell how critical the situation is. Meanwhile, bills keep coming it. This initiative is very welcome and well appreciated, but is also urgent. 

Hamish2
Level 2
Wellington, New Zealand

You may read in the media that banks are being helpful elsewhere, I even read that they are being super helpful here in New Zealand. I can tell you , banks have closed shop and are not taking on new lending in general. They aren't even extending lending on eligible established clients. 

I wanted to revalue and extend lending to provide a buffer to deal with however long this drags on for, and possibly purchase another property if the opportunity arose. They refused.
We are in total lockdown much like yourselves, only able to go outside for food or a short period of exercise. This being for 4 weeks.

AirBnB directly attacked my business by contacting all guests and telling them that there was a COVID 19 issue in my city before there even was, so everyone cancelled without penalty.

I am told minutes ago that my 25% refund triggered on March 15 will come at some time, and to call them back if I have not received it by the end of the April.

I have had 100% cancellation on both of my AirBnB properties, I had over 90% occupancy last year. I have defaulted on government taxes already. I qualify for their relief fund, but have not heard from AirBnB.

Edwin265
Level 2
Hoofddorp, Netherlands

First of all: wishing all of you  strength and good health! 

Same concerns here. I’m a Dutch Superhost from the beginning (2015)

I have three listings: one for room A, one for room B and a third for both rooms together for a company of four. In the house I live in.

83 cancellations so far because of current situation.

170 nights alltogether. Income loss is around 12.000 euro from mid-March until the end of June.

Flexible cancellation policy ( Airbnb always stated it was the best way to attract guests, they can cancel up to 24 hrs before check-in)

I live from Airbnb. Not eligible for Superhost Relief fund? 

Thanks for your thoughts!

Edwin

Jennifer679
Level 2

I have no idea but I'd love to hear if anyone has actually received an invitation to apply.... 

My thoughts exactly. I've been a superhost since 2017, one small private studio in the back of our primary residence that I renovated specifically for airbnb, the revenue of which is half my income and pays mortgage, utilities, food. My freelancer income has dropped to zero, likewise airbnb. I have not received the Golden Ticket invitation yet - so I opened a chat with airbnb support and was just fed the answers found in the FAQs. I asked what the criteria was for determining who was in hardship (crystal ball? telepathy?) and was just given the standard answer that a specialized team was working on it. I, too, would love to hear from a superhost that was invited to apply! 

Jennifer679
Level 2

I also tried the live chat and got the same complete lack of information, they know nothing and not only that they don't seem to understand the concept of Airbnb having no knowledge of host finances it goes completely over their heads.