Superhost status removed from cancelled bookings due to COVID

Jamie638
Level 1
Malibu, CA

Superhost status removed from cancelled bookings due to COVID

I am so disappointed, actually way beyond that. Airbnb practically encouraged all guests to cancel stays due to coronavirus (rather then postpone), they made us refund our income (mine to the tune of $20K and climbing), yet they kept their portion of the guests funds giving them "credit" on a future booking. Now, after being a super host for about 3 years I have been "downgraded" because my bookings are down??? Is anyone else experiencing this? How can we keep out bookings up with travel bans and NO option of giving the guest a credit like they did, just an easy full refund, yet we are penalized for not keeping our bookings up?. Anyone? 

10 Replies 10
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Jamie638

FYI the latest SH was calculated ONLY on 'Overall rating' & 'Response rate' 

'Cancellation rate' & 'Stays hosted' did not feature, to be fair to hosts who had made or received cancellations. htpps://www.airbnb.co.uk/resources/hosting-homes/a/answers-for-superhosts-about-the-coronavirus-160

Helen350
Level 10

Dear Helen,

Appearing whingey whiney was not my intention, my anger got the best of me because my rating per reviews and stars should not have dropped me down. My apologies, I will deal with airbnb direct.

Best to you and stay safe.

Jamie

Helen350
Level 10

No offence intended @Jamie638 , I was referring to the OTHER post, where the point was much laboured.... Sorry if I upset you, my apologies, : ' (

All good! We are all in this together :-).  Take good care!

Mila39
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Hi Helen,

I had to cancel today (first time in four years), due to my health issues (suspecting having COVID-19). Does that mean it won’t affect my Superhost status? I must say I still got a full on guilt trip while cancelling. :(((. It’s heartbreaking. 

Helen350
Level 10

@Mila39 I don't work for Airbnb, I don't speak for them, I only use this forum as social media! For a natter!

But other hosts have reported they checked it out with Airbnb & were told they would NOT lose SH for cancelling because of Covid 19. Still other hosts have said they don't trust Airbnb thru bitter past experience, & they make the guests cancel instead! Some hosts reported only yesterday cancelling in March & they still have the SH badge, so evidently weren't penalised. If you cancelled today, then the same rules, re not losing SH because of the pandemic, would need to stay in place for the Jul 1 assessment..... I assume they will be.... But I don't make the rules!

@Mila39   If you don't have proof of the medical issue yet, the system might assess the host penalty until you provide proof.  I certainly hope you are not ill with Covid 19 and realize it might take time to get the proof, but do what is good for your health and battle it out with Air BNB later.

Helen350
Level 10

@AandM56 Have a natter with @Jamie638 , I've said more than there is to say! : )

David8738
Level 1
Bermagui, Australia

I'm a five star host and up until yesterday was a Super Host but I have been downgraded due to cancelling bookings due to Covid.  I have just spoked to AirBnB and they have requested I send details of the particular bookings I cancelled so that they can review the decision.  My question his, how do I find cancelled bookings from last year?  I am also a bit perplexed as to why I should have to find these bookings,  surely they must know which ones were cancelled, after all, they have downgraded me because of them.  This is all very distressing at a time when we here in southern NSW, Australia have been through bush fires, floods and Covid 19.  I don't need AirBnB to penalise me further!