THANKS @airbnb FOR TAKING MY 50% REFUNDS AND PAYING ME 12.5% INSTEAD

THANKS @airbnb FOR TAKING MY 50% REFUNDS AND PAYING ME 12.5% INSTEAD

How generous of you @Airbnb to continue to override our agreements with our guests.

I thought it was really creative the way you

guys figured out how to continue to force losses on the hosts but make it sound like you were being generous.

Your first change was stupid (it was not a matter of public health because you could have had the same effect by providing credits to the guests so they could reschedule their trips in the future).  Instead of realizing that YOU DOUBLED DOWN ON SCREWING THE HOSTS!

Let me make it simple for you... here’s the solution... EITHER LEAVE OUR AGREED UPON CANCELLATION POLICIES ALONE OR PAY THE REUNDS IN CREDITS OUT OF YOUR OWN POCKET!!!!!!!!!

83 Replies 83

@Susan377  Unless there was some tech glitch, that travel voucher would have originally been issued to you on July 1, 2019, which is why it would expire on June 30, 2020. They are good for 1 year and are only issued once a year, not once a quarter. 

Either you posted this issue on reddit, or someone else had the same issue. 
What a slap in the face!

@Susan377  @Sarah977 

Many vouchers (both SH and COVID/EC vouchers) have been erroneously issued with incorrect end dates. Customer service should be able to re-issue for anyone in receipt of these. 

BURNED TWICE for being NICE !

Not only have I tried to honor the best experience and most flexible cancellation policies for guests, as per Airbnb's recommendations, so I get 0% payout because guests cancelled outside of the 24 hours (1 day before arrival). Now Airbnb won't even compensate me for ANY amount. My expenses continue to pile up and Airbnb revenues continue to climb. You generous gift was just a PR Media stunt. You must think we are as DUMB as you look right now. 

@Mike-And-Catherine0   Yes, they are continually insulting our intelligence.  This girl has about had enough.

If we all don't get really loud and  begin diversifying our income by using other channels such as booking,com, HomeAway, TripAdvisor, Expedia, etc, Airbnb will continue to walk all over us just as they have been doing for quite awhile, don't put all your eggs in one basket, the mode dependent we become to them, the more draconian they will become with the host community. 

That is exactly what we do.

Have not been happy with Airbnb for a long time but unfortunately so many guest's use the site because of the notariety they have gotten through the millenial generation.

Homeaway/VRBO is working with the hosts and letting them decide on how they will enforce their cancellation policies along with incentives for the hosts to return at least 50% if possible. 

Homeaway respect the contract and send me 50% of payment for cancelation. I have 24 propierty and i have listing this website. All respect the contract. Airbnb offer 12.5%, the lower possible.

Same boat. Crazy **bleep**

And now this:

"Good evening, Sky.

This is Dustin from Airbnbs, Community Support.

I am contacting you, in regards of your guest Carmen. We cancelled her reservation, due to the extented grace period for Covid-19 cancellations.

Luckily a new rule is active now, which gives host a payout of 25% for this reservations. Of course, I applied this to your reservation.

We don't know when the payout will happen right now. I guess it will be in roughly 2 Months after Airbnb recovered from the current situation.

If you got any additional questions, I would love to answer them right now.

Best Regards,
Dustin."

@Sky13......We don't know when the payout will happen right now. I guess it will be in roughly 2 Months after Airbnb recovered from the current situation.

No words.!! Except, who to believe.?  Dustin with no clue, or the CEO's, we saviors are on the way.

thats the worst decision

Hello all....hope everyone is well, and everyone's families and friends, may be a lot to hope for but so far my family and I are well, so far.  I had a guest reschedule her booking last week, altho who knows what Sept will look like, didn't think to ask if she was offered credit to rebook.  Here in the US there's states that still don't seem to be taking it seriously.  Honestly I think the world should lockdown for 2 months, no bills, or pay what you can and the others are waived, you stay the hell home, only out for essentials, or in your own yard, I'd love to not worry about bills an work in the yard over the next 2 months. Stay safe friends, maybe summer will bring a month or 2 of relief, along with a vaccine.

Question....I just got the email....Congrats your a Superhost again.  What happens when they re-evaluate and we've had 0 bookings in months, or if we're lucky and get a few over summer, if the virus subsides during the heat of summer, and people aren't worried about traveling, as well as we not as worried about guests.  Wondering if they consider that or say oh well, that we can get that back fairly soon enough on our own.

Like many of you above I feel humiliated by airbnb's approach to this global crisis.

We are a small 4-bed house BnB / Self catering cottage in a rural part of the Scottish Highlands and use only this medium for the sourcing of our guests. We offer unique, pure and honest hospitality to guests from all over the world, but due to our location - only receive bookings for 3 - 4 months in the summer.

Our season is vital for our survival and it is generally suffice to see us through the remainder of the year when we have no guests. For this reason we operate a strict cancellation policy as it is not easy to replace a cancelled reservation with another at short notice, and being rural (27 miles to nearest supermarket) - we need to forward plan our supplies for every forthcoming guest.

This year we were looking forward to our first booking at Easter with hopes that it will be a good year ahead. Our first and most critical booking cancelled with the next one in August, and all we will receive is a fraction of our own pre-determined cancellation fee!!

So I see airbnb are offering full credit 'refunds' to guests while they sit on their ammassed advance-full-payment profits, while we hosts enter the world of lost income, loss of homes, loss of jobs and ability to feed our children.

Geez - thanks for your overwhelming generosity airbnb and the ability to look after those who have stuck with you since your inception and helped get you this far. I hope you sleep easy with your multi million dollar fortunes...