Test and

Kathryn162
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Test and

Do we in the uk have to register for the test and trace system?It says on the government website that if you rent on a commercial basis we do 

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kathryn162 can you publish the link to the government website please - I cant find it

Kathryn162
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi. 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/maintaining-records-of-staff-customers-and-visitors-to-support-nhs-test-...

let me know what you think. I’m in two minds wether we need to or not. Mine is a self contained flat. Self check in so no actual meeting up at all . Thankyou ! Kath 

@Kathryn162 

The requirements seem to be:

Venues in hospitality, the tourism and leisure industry, close contact services and local authority facilities must:

• ask at least one member of every party of customers or visitors (up to 6 people) to provide their name and contact details
  • keep a record of all staff working on their premises and shift times on a given day and their contact details
  • keep these records of customers, visitors and staff for 21 days and provide data to NHS Test and Trace if requested
  • display an official NHS QR code poster so that customers and visitors can ‘check in’ using this option as an alternative to providing their contact details
  • adhere to General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)

The first is discharged by the fact I have, on Airbnb, a contact phone number for all current/previous guests

The second is simple for most hosts - Its themselves

The third - Well we have the above for months back as far as I can see on Airbnb

The fourth is unnecessary as we have phone numbers already for the lead guest

The fifth is discharged by Airbnb as its their website that holds the data.

So in summary I think (hope) we are ok.