Travel Credit

Alex7837
Level 1
Iver, United Kingdom

Travel Credit

I made a booking for a family vacation and due to the Covid pandemic and travel restrictions, we now have a significant amount of money in travel credit. Due to such travel restrictions, re-booking our trip this year is not feasible before the expiration of my travel credit.

I tried to meet Airbnb half way, but Airbnb are refusing to allow me to use my travel credit (i.e. make a booking before 30 December 2021) for a vacation that my family and friends can actually use in 2022. I have to actually check-in before 31 December 2021, which is impossible due to travel restrictions. This is an incredibly unfair and unjust request by Airbnb to loyal customers such as myself. I am incredibly disappointed by this lack of support, particularly given such a financially difficult time. My family and friends cannot afford losing their money in these vouchers (as we will not be able to travel this year), and we cannot afford to pay again for the same trip for next year as a result of Airbnb being unfair and inflexible with the Covid-related travel credit that they provided to the customers impacted by travel restrictions.

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Alex7837   I am fairly certain that the time limit refers to the use of the coupon, not the date of the the booking.  It is possible you have been mislead by a customer service rep and it might be worth your while to call again.  Unless Air BNB has changed the rules of the credit, my experience is that I used it for dates outside the expiration of the coupon but booked within the dates of the coupon.  Good luck!

@Alex7837 @linda108 I am having the same issue. I will be traveling in Feb 2022 but cannot use my credit, as the check in date has to be by Dec 31/21. 

It's pretty crappy of airbnb considering we were only given a credit for cancelling a trip due to covid/travel restrictions,  both of which were out of our control. Considering we are still not supposed to travel for leisure even now, it doesn't provide much leeway to use the credit. Airbnb seems to be counting on the majority of credits expiring before people can actually use them.

Laura4845
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I'm in the exact same situation. I had to cancel due to covid and was only given the option as a travel credit. This credit is only half my money, the other half is a friend's.

I have to book by 21st Dec 2021. However, I will be unable to travel next year - If I could, how is it even possible to try and guess when and where I could go on holiday next year. It's ridiculous when a pandemic is still happening. So, I'm stuck with this expiring travel credit.

I had planned to try and use it this year but if covid doesn't improve and I have to cancel, I heard I wouldn't even get the travel credit back and loose all £550 of it.

I'm so stressed and upset by it. 

Edit: My email states " All trips must start by Dec 30, 2021"

So it's not even booking I must book a holiday for this year.

I highly appreciate your hard-working skill as the post you publish have some great information which is quite beneficial.

https://www.indigocard.one/