What impact is Covid 19 having on your new bookings?

Michelle2167
Level 2
Grewelthorpe, United Kingdom

What impact is Covid 19 having on your new bookings?

We haven't had a booking for over a week, which is fairly unusual for us and I just wondered what impact it is having on other peoples new bookings? 

Are people still booking to go away? Or are we all facing a few weeks/ months of quiet times ahead? 

Id love to see some reassurance and positivity that people are still booking and still travelling (within their own countries at least). We are in the English countryside so we don't benefit from overseas tourists (not much anyway) more families or couples wanting time away for R&R. 

6 Replies 6
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Michelle2167  I hope you are well.

Here in London my international bookings have fallen off a cliff this week, and will continue to do so as the crisis deepens, and Airbnb no doubt continue to apply their new COVID Extenuating Circumstances policy to further time periods in the future.

The only 2 sets of guests who haven't cancelled and have checked-in have been domestic bookings.

I haven't had any new bookings this week, and can't imagine that changing any time soon.

I would love to stay on the positive side, but I do think we are in for very quiet times for the foreseeable at least.

Paul.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Michelle2167 

I think it's extremely likely that people won't be making any new bookings anytime soon. I think at least for a couple of months.

As hosts,  we need to think about how that will impact on us and whether we need to move to longer term rentals.

Jim472
Level 10
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Nada for me. I've switched to local bookings. Nothing for profit but it pays the bank loan. 

Imogen23
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

I had one new booking from a student looking for a place to revise..  so.. that has helped alot.. very lucky.. i've reduced the minimum stay.. and price..  I am living abroad and living off revenue..  sending best wishes to everyone who is surviving off this income to live

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Have you seen the restrictions announced in the UK today as a result of the corona virus. If you want to continue to live on income from your property, looking at long term rentals would seem like a sensible option. @Imogen23 

Imogen23
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

yes.. i have seen these new restrictions.. my booking was from a student needing a london based place to revise in. I hope that will be ok. They are already in London.