Who received covid-19 airbnb funds?

Andrea164
Level 3
Manchester, CA

Who received covid-19 airbnb funds?

I'm just wondering how many people and exactly who benefited from airbnb's $17 million handout.  I, for one, have been a superhost for four years straight, ever since I started doing airbnb in May 2016.  I've been conscientious that entire time to treat all guests the same without any discrimination or bias, as a community should be.  Losing my only source of income during the main season when people travel to the Mendocino Coast, CA for the past two months due to the covid shutdown order has been extremely difficult.  Since there was no application process for eligibility or consideration to qualify to receive financial support and since I met the requirements, I was hopeful that the selection process would be fair in awarding said funds.  For some reason, I was not one of the lucky ones.  I would like to hear from other hosts to see what your experience has been with this process. 

2 Replies 2
Ann522
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Like you I understood I ticked all the boxes (Superhost since 2015, 2 x listings, verified identity etc). This is my only source of income and I am becoming increasingly anxious as time has gone on and I have not been 'invited' to apply. 

Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

I am afraid it is smoke & mirrors, they have laid off most of their staff as the industry is tanking. If they awarded any money it would have been HEAVILY publicized, right?  There is a slim possibility of getting a small business loan in the U.S. Scary, crazy times, these!  I miss the beautiful Mendocino coast so much! Best of luck & health.