You back stabbed your partner so enough with "we are going to get through this crisis as partners".

Arin1
Level 2
Vancouver, CA

You back stabbed your partner so enough with "we are going to get through this crisis as partners".

We all understand the extenuating circumstance. We are all in this together. The guests are impacted, so are the hosts. A 50% refund would have been a fair resolution. The guests take 50% hit and so do the hosts. Why do we as hosts have to get hit with the full 100% impact? are we not people? do we not have mortgages? do we not have kids? Airbnb has let its hosts down by placing the full impact of this on us. I don't know if I can even keep my apartment. I cant cover my costs for the next few months due to lost revenue. Airbnb had absolutely no right to offer a full 100% refund without the permission of hosts.

3 Replies 3
Kylie55
Level 1
Australia

Agree totally, it seems we as hosts have no rights.  airbnb will in turn loose a lot of properties from not standing by their hosts that run their business.

Like touroperators and airlines use vouchers for future bookings rather then to reimburse the guest, this would be more fair. We rely on those bookings to pay our mortgage etc. This morning I had a guest saying she would cancel her booking because of the corona crisis wile her reservation is for end of July ! I could persuade her to wait. Hopefully this crisis ends soon..

Morteza9
Level 2
Urbana, IL

We should get at least 50% of our normal average monthly earnings until the situation gets back to normal (which should not be more than 2 months). Airbnb is collecting 18% (15% charged to guests and 3% hosts) of our earnings. This means that last year, it collected 12 * 18% of our normal average monthly earnings which is 216% of our normal average monthly earnings. So, Airbnb sufficiently has the capacity to help us in this situation. If it pays us just 50% of our normal monthly income (which we are losing right now because of this situation), and if it pays for two months, it is still in profit for 116% of our average monthly income which is huge for taking no risk!!! Brian, you should be a true partner and take the loss, too! You have been a partner just in gain so far...