covid-19 25% refund payout

Theresa424
Level 2
Santa Monica, CA

covid-19 25% refund payout

I have several cancellations that qualify for the covid-19 25% refund. Can anyone give me some idea of when can hope for my 25% payout?

65 Replies 65

I have a strict policy and it is not even 50%.  I am only allowed to get 25% of the payment of the 50%

- costs so

even though I have a strict policy I only get about 10% back. But have not received anything yet. It is now 6 June and should have received it for 5+ 3 bookings( 5 indicate "pending"  3 others " illegible". Which is incorrect They also did not pay me out for one booking.

I called 2 x they said I should have received a payout but nothing yet. Better check your accounts well.

Ralph207
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

They're lying thieves.

Livia4
Level 2
Jupiter, FL

We are now 11 June and have not received any payouts form COVID 19 yet either. Some of them were deemed illegible while they are legible. I called twice waited for 1 hour on the phone, they agreed both times I should have been paid out but nothing yet. Also, one booking was not paid out.

Better check your accounts carefully. Airbnb tried to keep their image up for their clients but have not shown much to the hosts, at least not to me. Who else has still not been paid out ?

Rosa255
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Has anyone been told by Airbnb that the cancelations after March are not due to COVID and dont want to payout the 25%? I have two places in Madrid and got candled all my reservation after mid March and Airbnb says they were not canceled due to COVID. I think its a joke that they say that and an excuse not to pay. 

While it's not great, Airbnb have always been clear that the policy only applies to bookings made on or before the 14th March.

UK based owner of Florida Holiday Rental

Just discovered what a joke this compensation scheme was. I got nothing, Nada, Zip despite all my cancellations being due to COVID19. Why because my cancellation policy was moderate. None of these guests would have or wanted to cancel but had to because of the pandemic. We choose a moderate cancellation policy to make the whole system work and now we are penalised because of it. What a joke!