covid-19 25% refund payout

Theresa424
Level 2
Santa Monica, CA

covid-19 25% refund payout

I have several cancellations that qualify for the covid-19 25% refund. Can anyone give me some idea of when can hope for my 25% payout?

65 Replies 65
Jerry250
Level 7
England, United Kingdom

This is from the email I received yesterday - after yet another cancellation that over-rode my 'strict' policy:

Airbnb will share in the costs of COVID-19 cancellations
Even though your guest cancelled under the extenuating circumstances policy, we want to support you in these tough times with a payment from our coronavirus emergency support fund – it should arrive in your account within 4 weeks.

4 weeks from when — The day this was written? What does “even though” imply? Seems to me there should be no question as to validity of your receiving a pay out.  Four cancellations all within the “Extenuating  circumstances” . 

Am having the same problem, empty promises it’s now July and no single penny. 
Chris stayed in his text that it’s under investigation, this has ben going on since April, I had 4 cancellations d/t their supposedly appointments   Cancelled, and 1  group was supposed to be almost a month, 

I lost my hope, l just move on , as I said empty promises .... what happened to the words of honor... nada

I'm wondering the same exact thing!

Judging by the many different responses Airbnb are giving hosts regarding a payout, including myself, they clearly have NO IDEA what the situation is. This doesn't surprise me in the least as on numerous occasions for issues not regarding to the virus none of their representatives have sang from the same hymn sheet, different answers from different representatives. They are badly trained and not given any facts to pass on, no wonder they are in such a mess. One thing is for sure, I'm not letting them get away from paying me what I'm owed and I'll be moving on to another platform when this has all died down. 

Julie3417
Level 1
Totnes, United Kingdom

I've not had a thing - just a couple of messages which relate to all of us. (I'm in the UK) 

Tina6194
Level 2
Mermaid Beach, Australia

Ive had nothing either...im in Australia

Jonathan1280
Level 2
Comox, Canada

I am curious if we need to apply for the 25% or it will be calculated for us...

I am guessing we have all built this into our survival plan so we kind of need to know soon.

Richard1830
Level 3
United Kingdom

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Theresa424 @Richard1830 @Jonathan1280 @Julie3417 @Bobbiecool0 

$250 Million Host Aid

Message from Airbnb - 20/04/20

* Hosts will receive an email when a support payment is issued.

* This email will have an attached csv file which they can open in  Excel or Google sheets to review details of all the reservations that were included in the disbursement

* If a host hasn't received an email yet, their disbursement hasn't been issued yet

Timeline for next waves of hosts to receive payments and emails

1. 20 April 2020 - 20K hosts
  2. 21 April 2020 - 145K hosts
  3. 22 April 2020 - 150K hosts
  4. 23 April 2020 - 184K hosts

Thanks again for being a valued Airbnb host.

Superhost Relief Fund

Starting on April 10, 2020, a specialized team at Airbnb will be inviting eligible Superhosts and hosts of experiences to apply for a relief grant via email.  Invitations to apply will go out first to long-standing Superhosts who are in the greatest financial need, by looking at the earnings decline from this year to last. This same team will evaluate applications and get in touch with hosts to let them know whether their applications are approved. All invitations will be sent out by May 15, 2020.

Unfortunately the greatest financial need and income are two completely different things. For example, if I have lost £10,000 from the result of cancellations and no future bookings from the coronavirus but have made £50,000 in the year prior does that make me financially vulnerable? These large amounts suggest I have a rather nice property or two to rent out, to me that suggest i was never financially in need in the first place. On the flip side someone who has lost £1500 and makes about £15000 a year would suggest more of a reliance on Airbnb as an income. OR this could be all relative and no one would truly know for sure who is most in need. 

If Airbnb truly wants to know who is in financial need the most going by how much a host has lost this is not the way to go about it. I fear many hosts truly in need are about to be greatly disappointed. 

Still not received an email about refunds.

Anybody had one?

UK based owner of Florida Holiday Rental

Hi @Richard1830 Richard,

I'm still waiting to hear anything and after reading some of the discussions  am still totally confused as to whether I'm even going to qualify. I wish they could just let you know...I don't mind waiting if I just know......

Have you received an invitation?

An invitation?

UK based owner of Florida Holiday Rental