not only Brian has stupid idea's , you can add Nate Blecharczyk, airbnb co-founder

Gerhard4
Level 6
Davenport, FL

not only Brian has stupid idea's , you can add Nate Blecharczyk, airbnb co-founder

Hosts in the US received an email from one of the AirBnB co-founders

Where he ask the AirBnB hosts to email our 

Member of congress and senators

Every day AirBnB amazes me with new crazy idea’s  (not positive)

To make their decision  for full refunds, no matter what the terms and conditions are of the hosts in question

Completely crazy …. If you ask me

AirBnB is to blame that so many hosts suddenly are in a financial deep end!

They are trying to cover this up by suggestions that the hosts need to ask the government for assistance

Even when the hosts had their terms and conditions in good order to protect them from what is happening right now

But because AirBnB likes to play the good Samaritan (only for the travelers), they just send an email

With the following suggestions.
although the suggestions are not bad as content, It would never be necessary if AirBnB kept
supporting their  Backbone of their business model !!  (incase you missed it it is us the hosts)

this is what they suggest is to do:

Our proposal to Congress

As US policymakers consider how to aid economic recovery, Airbnb is asking Congress to include you, Airbnb hosts—who share their homes or offer local tourist experiences to earn income, who make up the backbone of the Airbnb community, and of whom more than half depend on Airbnb income to pay the bills. To ease the financial strain of decreased travel, we believe Congress should:

Expand federal short-term rental tax exemptions from 14 days to 60 days to help you keep more of the income you earn.

• This would only be applicable for hosts that only rent out occasionally, but there are many hosts that do this to live off, and are running a business of it
        Also this  comes to no expense of airbnb ! (so easy they can get away with it)

Introduce a federal tax credit, deduction or deferral of taxes on the 1099 income earned by Home and Experience hosts

-  again only for individual home hosts, and again the reason why so many hosts are a victim of the full refund policy from
airbnb is because of that policy, and there would be a lesser issue, if that policy would not been pushed 

Ensure hosts qualify for expanded US Small Business Administration economic injury disaster loans

- if people are running short term rentals as a business, they would already be in this group, since they are licensed and registered ,
but this has nothing to do with the losses Hosts have occurred  because of the airbnb decision of refunding in full.
because mosts hosts would not need the disaster loan!! And would also  not be a burden to the community !
this all because AirBnB pushed their rule!!

Encourage lenders to make available low-interest loans that assist your small business needs as a host.

- again because of the loss , orchestrated by airbnb, refunding in full for cancelation to travelers, which were not eligible for full refund to begin with,
they would be covered by the travel insurance they have when they travel!
suddenly Hosts need to borrow money, (and basically pay for the travelers)  because of a bad business decision of the airbnb founders 

I am aware there are many hosts that run their business without a proper state and county license.
And have because of this even more financial hardship. 

All that financial hardship could for a large part been avoided, if airbnb just would play by the rules!

Even more confusing , they changed the rules while they were playing!?!

On saturday they send  an email:

(part of the content)

For that reason, our extenuating circumstances policy will now apply globally* to eligible reservations booked on or before March 14th, and with at least one night between March 14th and April 14th.

In simple terms, this means that for eligible reservations:

You can cancel reservations without worrying about cancellation charges or impact to your Superhost status 

•Guests have the option to cancel reservations for a full refund 

•Our service fees will be refunded in full for every cancellation

On Monday they send this:

We’re following up to let you know that our extenuating circumstances policy will now be applied to eligible reservations for stays and Airbnb Experiences in the U.S. booked on or before March 13, 2020, with a check-in date of April 1, 2020 or earlier.

how can we still believe AirBnB is taking care of their hosts??

10 Replies 10
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

I did not get the email. I guess they knew I would laugh at and no way did they want to provide me With any entertainment 

do you want a copy of the e-mail??

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

I have a general idea of what it says. I guess my mail box knows me when enough to spare me 

have send you a message

stay safe!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

The other thing that is glaringly offensive about this is that it only pertains to US hosts. This is supposed to be an international platform, something they're always bragging about. So all the non-US hosts are being offered what solutions, exactly???? 

All this is, is a PR exercise. It has zero to do with caring about their hosts.

Gerhard4
Level 6
Davenport, FL

Well even the us host is offered “ zero” by airbnb , there was an interview on Bloomberg , where they acted proudly for changing the policy .. and told the interviewer the have written the representative, but in the email they ask if the hosts will write...  anyway writing a letter for legislation changes will not help anyone now.. 

so as you say..  this is just PR ... they probably have to , if they still want to become public ... 

100% a PR stunt to make themselves look so thoughtful, caring and concerned....yet they won't reach into their own pockets.

Russell49
Level 10
Katoomba, Australia

AirBnB asking hosts to write congress is about as poor taste as Wal-Mart having food stamp applications for their workers.

AirBnB remind me of over the top liberals that like to virtue signal what they stand for, but only at the expense of others, not themselves, despite reaping rewards from the same hosts who got them where they are at.

This reminds me of all the e-mails we got from AirBnB asking hosts to open our doors to families who need to find somewhere to go during the local fires-sounds generous, but AirBnB wouldn't even cover toilet paper costs let alone reimburse hosts for any profit losses, expenses, etc. If they want to seem virtuous they can at least scratch at their own pockets instead of telling everyone else what ethics,standards and generosity are.

Rusell, 

we have opened a number of our homes during the Florida hurricanes the last 4 hurricanes, to have homes for evacuees (we do specifically guests with pets because they can not go anywhere else)

but on tv airbnb is bragging they are the ones that helped all the evacuees...

not good..