Stornierungen aufgrund Einreise- und Beherbergungsverbot

Stornierungen aufgrund Einreise- und Beherbergungsverbot

Hallo an alle,

da nun immer mehr Bundesländer Einreise- und Beherbergungsverbote verhängen, ist für mich nun völlig unklar, was mit den Stornierungen passiert. Nach den neuesten Regelungen werden aufgrund von solchen Reisebeschränkungen für Buchungen nach dem 14. März keine Stornierungen mehr sanktionsfrei akzeptiert. Airbnb selbst ist telefonisch nur noch in ganz dringenden Fällen erreichbar und eine Anfrage per Mail wird oft viel zu spät beantwortet. Nun habe ich die Anfrage eines Gastes für nächste Woche und kann noch gar nicht genau sagen, ob entweder der Gast sein Geld nicht zurückbekommt oder ich , wenn ich storniere, nicht Sanktionen aufgedrückt bekomme...

3 Antworten 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Christine2741 

Please note there is also a community for German language, see:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Center-DE/ct-p/community-center-de

Answer:

This issue has been discussed more then once recently in the community. When guests can not travel due to corona related restrictions AND reservation is booked after 14 March, then the guest can decide to cancel the reservation : the normal cancellation policy attached to the reservation will apply and calculates  the refund (if any). 

Exception to this: when the guest (or the host) is sick (COVID-19), the special COVID-19 cancellation policy applies :

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2701/extenuating-circumstances-policy-and-the-coronavirus-covid1...

Monica1754
Level 1
Baden, Switzerland

Hi Emiel

i booked an airbnb exactly on March 14th 😑 

cancellation is possible until december 4th and i should get back total refund. 

now that I have to cancel the Trip, they won‘t refund the total amount. I have to ask the Host for that. 

I think thats not really fair. is this only because od Corona? an its said AFTER the 14.3. 

so why is this now not refund totaly eventhough I‘m cancelling early enough. 

travelling inside the country is not an issue so actually the Host could get booked by national travelers. 

so I cancel, just get partially money back and then the appartement gets booked by someone else they would get payed double?

am I totally wrong?

kind regards

Monica

Anna
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Monica1754 , I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your refund 😞 Are you seeing the mentioned options when you try to cancel the booking or have you already spoken to a support agent? If you haven't, you can reach out to the Airbnb Customer Support online or over the phone

P.S. We also have an English speaking community - you can switch between the languages by hovering over the globe icon next to your avatar on the top right 🙂 

Vielen Dank für die gemeinsame Zeit im Community Center! Begrüßt die neue Community Managerin Juliane HIER.  Klickt HIER, um eine Unterhaltung mit anderen Mitgliedern zu beginnen. 

Durchstöbere die Artikel im Info-Center

Mach deine Unterkunft für Gäste bereit
Tipps von Gastgeber:innen auf Airbnb-Plus: So fügst du durchdachte Details hinzu
Unterstütze Gäste während ihres Aufenthalts