2022: Month of Celebration

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

2022: Month of Celebration

Quincy_0-1668436194135.jpeg

Hi everyone!

It’s that time of year again where we hold our 6th annual Month of Celebration here on the Community Center.

For the newcomers to the CC, we’ve been running this festival every year since 2017 – it works a little bit like an advent calendar. For each day of December, a different community member posts a new topic about something positive or inspirational. We cover both hosting and non-hosting related topics: from nice stories, personal experiences, helpful tips, milestones, traditions, fun facts, and anything else that brings a smile to someone's face! Every year, we’ve shared some great conversations, laughs, and celebrated our wonderful community.

Last year, we had some wonderful topics, including Robin4's with Life is full of coincidences and a festive treat from Huma0 with Christmas: What will you be cooking? The possibilities of writing topics are endless. You can take a look at last years' here, for some inspiration.

Screenshot 2022-12-12 at 11.20.42.png

If you would like to get involved, please reply to this thread and let us know which date (or dates) you would like to post a topic. I hope you will all enjoy this dose of positivity, whether you get involved or just read and share your thoughts on others' posts. 😄

Enjoy!

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

71 Replies 71

@Laurelle3  oh this is going to be a huge problem in december, with all the driving ppl do. my daughter and her partner are driving from SA to sydney for xmas, if it's not potholes i'll bet there's so much road works filling those holes , she'll need 2 days to do, better tell her to book a motel now. 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks @Quincy  For the invite, will it be the same as last year if there's more than one person wanting the same date?

Do we have to do a video to?

To those who are new you can find the other previous years contributors here in CC and I can highly recommend partaking as it's a fun community international Festival.

Add me in @Quincy, however I'm not sure of which date yet.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Helen427! I think we've got a lot of free spaces left, so we're quite flexible! A topic would be preferred for the Month of Celebration 😊

Do you have a specific date in mind? 👀

-----

@Helen427 Great to see you from Across the Ditch with a New Zealand touch. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Helen427, how about Monday the 12th of December? 👀

-----

Sheila646
Level 9
Elizabeth, CO

What fun! We have a fun community event at the beginning of December. I'd be happy to take the day after that so I can include pictures. How about December 4th?

Sheila

Farm Diva
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Sheila646! Glad to hear that you'd like to participate! The 4th of December is all yours now! 😃

-----

Thank you! I'm looking forward to it. 

Farm Diva

Hello from the Journey’s End in the beautiful Adirondack Mountains of upstate New York! We are excited to participate in this lovely community and would ask for the 23rd please.

Kelly & Dan

Kelly & Dan
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Kelly-And-Dan0 Really excited to have you on board! The 23rd is all yours, I'll follow-up shortly via Direct Message with a little bit more detail as well. 😊

Speak soon, 

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Sheila646, just checking, but are you still ok with posting on the 4th? I haven't heard back yet from you yet 🙂

-----

Yes. I have a draft written up and plan to collect photos tomorrow night. 😄 Thank you for following up. 

Farm Diva
Tracy757
Level 2
Sooke, Canada

I would like to participate.  I would be happy to share a personal story. 

Tracy Johnston

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That sounds great @Tracy757 - which day would you prefer to post on? 

I'll send you a message to follow-up 🤗

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Quincy I think we should sing out to @Clara116 or should we say Tap Dancing her way. Come on Clara I am sure you can Tip Toe Thru the Tulips.