A Warning To Airbnb Host At The Time Of Calamity

Trixia2
Level 1
QC, Philippines

A Warning To Airbnb Host At The Time Of Calamity

Due to covid, our guest wanted to cancel her reservation, I've advised her to cancel it on the day she will check-out but instead, she altered the reservation, means she would check-out early on.

I accepted the changes to this reservation which incurred charges on my account.

That's where the fault was made. I should not have let the changes happen and let her cancel the reservation instead.

Later, an announcement was made by Airbnb that they will issue full refund to the guest who cancelled and hosts get no penalty and additional 25% from the calamity extenuating circumstances.

It is a calamity for us, since we got charged for the cancellation. When I was asking if there's any help we can have for hosts, unfortunately since the changes in the checkout date were done, we wont benefit from the calamity insurance.

This lesson is a big lesson to me. We still need to pay for the rest of the cancelled reservations and I feel crying, however, I could not disclose this to mom as she is already stressed out with the situation, she needs the funds but all I can do is to just stare blankly on this calamity that befall us.

Update:

Besides the charges from Airbnb cancellations, Meralco (the electricity company) charged us even though we do not have a guest. I'm crying.

0 Replies 0