A guest cant stay due to Covid

Clare457
Level 2
Cork, Ireland

A guest cant stay due to Covid

I had a guest who recently told me they weren't attending due to them having Covid. He did want his friend to stay who didn't make the booking. I was uncomfortable with this as I was afraid if anything happened to the property, who is liable? Anyway, I told support that they could issue a full refund if he could provide documentation that he had Covid. Is there any way I can verify this with support?

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Clare457 

The guest can cancel before check-in date and have full refund dictated by the "extenuating circumstances policy", which covers when guest is sick from COVID.

Airbnb will ask/review documentation, which is not shared with you.

Extenuating-circumstances-policy-and-the-coronavirus-covid19

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Clare457 I did a lot of thinking about third party bookings after several recent guests trying to trasnfer their resevation to someone else and decided that there is not much of a difference. Yes, you will not be covered by aircover which is a joke anyway. How often does something happen that you need airbnb involved? You should have some sort of home insurance and that would cover anything major.

As to the actual question you have asked, first you can ask the guest to forward you a copy as well. Nothing wrong with doing that. Airbnb is not supposed to disclose the documentation but one time a rep did. So basically only if you are lucky.