Account suspended

Akshay52
Level 2
Himachal Pradesh, India

Account suspended

Hello, my friend is an exceptional host on Airbnb. Recently he had an guest complaining about cleanliness, view from the room and caretakers behaviour right after check in. 

The host sent the cleaning staff immediately and resolved the issue that time. 

But after 10 days this guests writes a bad review and files a complaint to airbnb support. 

Right after that the host gets notification from airbnb saying that his account is suspended due to recent incident and will be reviewed !

What could be the outcome of this ?

6 Replies 6
Ryan2352
Level 10
Thousand Oaks, CA

Could be an automatic reaction to the complaint.  Hopefully they will review the complaint, listen to your friend's side and reinstate him.  Your friend may want to call ABB support to hurry along the review.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Ryan2352  it happens too often lately. Guest complains and Airbnb suspends all listings from the host for a couple of weeks until they "investigate".  Of course, it quickly became the guest's tactic for blackmail and retaliation. Hosts lose money, Airbnb loses money, especially when it happens in the middle of the top season so it is totally unclear what Airbnb wants to achieve with these suspensions BEFORE investigation. It is totally insane practice

Had no idea it was happening that often @Branka-and-Silvia0   That is a crap procedure.  I could see it making sense if the complaint was a life safety issue, but for any complaint that's pretty stupid for them to do that.  Then again, given their lowest bidder "support" team it wouldn't surprise me.

@Ryan2352  just search for "listing suspended" here on the forum and you will find there is a new post about it literary every day, superhost or not 

Sidnie1
Level 2
Manchester, United Kingdom

A similar thing happened to me guest wanted discount of 2/3 of the rate and although I explained to Airbnb that the guest was trying extortion or a bad review they still suspended my listing... No support there 

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Akshay52 Akshay your friend should have been notified by Airbnb .How long did the guest stay?He must say that he responded to the guests demands immediately ,and that she stayed . I am assuming that she did not leave ?If she left because of this then she may ask for a refund, but if she did not, then all should be well . If she left a bad review then ask for it to be removed . H